On Sundays, Jamey and Carter typically go to church while Cooper and I stay home because he naps from 10 to 12 or so. As much as I'd love to be able to go to church, it's nice to have a morning home where I can clean without little ones to help me do it! Yesterday Jamey had to usher at the 11:15 service and Carter went to the nursery, which is what he usually does until Communion. As an usher, Jamey has to walk from pew to pew and tell the congregation when it's their turn to go up to the Communion rail so he hasn't been able to get Carter and just leaves him in the nursery until the service is over. One of the other ushers talked Jamey into getting Carter after the Offering and said that he could just stay in the back while Jamey did his little job! Carter had other plans, though, and definitely wanted to be in on the action. The lead usher gave Carter his own personal usher badge and let him go with Jamey to help. I wish I could've seen him but Jamey said he couldn't have been prouder to have his badge and to be helping with such a big job! He just held Jamey's hand and stood still WITHOUT TALKING! for the entire time. As much of a pain as he can be for us, I'm glad he can be good when it counts!
Carter went to school today and picked out his outfit completely by himself. I think he's going to like to dress preppy as he picked out a pair of red Gap shorts that "kinda look like Daddy's" and a navy and white striped Vineyard Vines polo. To complete the look, he chose his spiffy new tan socks (they came in a set from Old Navy and I tried to hide them, obviously to no avail!) and his topsiders. He proceeded to go show Daddy his trendy look and tried to say but didn't quite get it right that he was "styling"! I wish I had a picture because I'm sure words don't do this outfit justice!

No comments:
Post a Comment