Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...





Today was supposed to be the much anticipated (by Carter anyway) 3rd birthday party at the pool. Unfortunately Tropical Storm Hanna had other plans for us so we had to cancel the party. Wouldn't you know it ended up being a beautiful afternoon full of sunshine and super hot. I guess that's how it goes but I just hate we had to put off the party but Carter is at least looking forward to his new party in the park in the next couple of weeks!


It's so rare that Jamey and I are both home with nothing to do (no church, no work, no errands, etc.) that we had the hardest time deciding what to do today! We all had a bit of cabin fever this morning so we decided to hang out upstairs in the bonus room to have a little reprieve from Woody and Hallie and to figure out what to do with our day! Carter had fun in his fort with all his animals, as you can see from the pics, but we just couldn't make a decision (as usual). After tossing around lots of ideas, we never really decided on anything except that I always have to "go and do" as Jamey says, where he is content to just hang out at home and do nothing! I decided to have a date with Carter to run some errands and Jamey and Cooper went to the grocery store and just had a low key afternoon.


Carter and I had a great time and went to Total Wine to get my all time favorite beer as it's now in season! It's Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale and if you like pumpkin at all this beer is a must try! I'm in love with it and have so been looking forward to the Fall for this reason! I know that probably sounds really sad, but it's the little things that count, right? We also went all over Southpoint Mall looking for new shoes for Carter and finally found his Topsiders but we are still searching for some tennis shoes! It really shouldn't be so hard to find cute shoes for kids but we have definitely been searching to no avail thus far! Ashley met us at the tremendously overcrowded play area at Southpoint and we watched (our attempted to watch!) Carter play amongst a zillion other kids. He had fun and was so proud to have two happy faces looking at him at all times:) It was about time to leave and have "quiet time" (where we hope and pray that Carter naps but it is very on again off again) but we decided our date deserved a treat...enter the dipping dots! Carter has never had these but thoroughly enjoyed his Mint Chocolate Chip dots and was even asking for more. It was nice to hang out with just him and made me really appreciate my one on one time with these sweet boys.

1 comment:

Book Worm said...

Pumpkin ale huh? Bet that's even better than Pumpkin lattes!