So I'm feeling a little guilty because as I look at this blog so far, I haven't talked about precious Cooper at all! I hope that isn't seen as bad by anyone else but for some reason I feel like I'm neglecting him. He couldn't get any sweeter and is about the happiest little boy I know, as long as me or Jamey are close by! He likes to smile and play with other people but only if he's in the comfort of our arms and no one elses! He thinks that Carter hung the moon and Carter is pretty indifferent about him at this point. Carter will just walk by him and Cooper watches him with such awe. Their relationship has been pretty cool to watch thus far, as it went from what is this baby thing, to don't let him get my stuff, to now Carter imitates him by taking quick, short steps and making baby noises. Carter is definitely coming around to him but he still doesn't really want him to bother his things. Sharing doesn't come easy for a newly 3 year old I guess.
When I was about to leave for work tonight, we were all up in our room because Jamey was changing from work clothes to play clothes in preparation for a night of daddy only (as I was going to work). Carter put on Jamey's work shoes and was walking around whispering to himself "Mommy, I'm gonna go with you to work 'cause I got my work shoes on!" It was one of those sweet, pitiful things he says because it made me sad that he can't come with me and that I have to leave him, but smile because it was so cute! He also told Nunu the other day that the animals that bite are snakes, sharks, and fire ants! I don't know where he comes up with all the things that come out of his mouth, but they are pretty priceless these days!
We went to the park this afternoon to get some energy out in hopes of them taking good naps for me (didn't happen)! They definitely expended some energy, though! I never realized an 11 month old could have so much fun at a park, but I think Coop thought he was in heaven. He walked and crawled and laughed until he was redder and sweatier than I've ever seen him and his hair was nothing but little blonde curls (where did these come from?)! He would crawl up the steps to the slide and then with some help sit at the top right in the middle. He'd hesitate for a second and laugh, but then he'd lean forward and just crack up as he flew down. At first I was a wreck and holding his hand but he got the hang of it so fast and was so happy with himself because of it! Even Carter thought it was pretty funny and joined in on the laughing. We will definitely have to do it again soon as Cooper is getting more and more fun as he becomes more and more mobile!

No comments:
Post a Comment