Thursday, September 11, 2008

Power of Persuasion











Our family is super excited about the Carolina football game tonight so we are all ready to go with our game gear on. Jamey wore his Carolina tie to work today and Carter and Cooper are sporting their cute jerseys. Cooper doesn't have much input into what he wears these days so it wasn't too hard to get him dressed but Carter wasn't really feeling the need or desire to wear his jersey. I told him if he wore it ALL day he could have some Smarties and he quickly conceded! Now if the Tarheels can win tonight it will be a happy day in our house!

Poor Cooper wasn't his usual self this morning. He slept later than he normally does and was crying to get up at 7:40. He felt a little warm but I didn't think much of it as he'd just gotten out of his warm crib and we went on about our morning. He was really clingy and happier to be held than down playing with Carter, but he does this sometimes. I tried to give him his normal banana and waffle breakfast, which he picked at, and then he just layed his head on my shoulder for the rest of the morning. His temp in his ear was 101.8 so I gave him some Advil in hopes that it will go away. Advil usually makes him sleep like a champ and I layed him down at 10:05 and he's still sleeping now at 11:56! I just hope he feels better because it's no fun for anyone to be sick, especially when you can't tell anyone what hurts, what you need, or how you feel!

Here are a few pictures from the past couple days. The one of Super Cooper is a favorite of mine - my friend Amy gave the cape to Carter for his birthday but he likes to share it with Cooper. The picture of Carter's feet wearing his Rainbows is for Pop. He bought them for Carter almost 2 months ago and we are just now getting him to put them on. For those of you who don't know, Carter is so sensitive about his feet - I joke that he needs sedation podiatry so we can actually clean them thoroughly and clip his toenails. For the video you need to pause the playlist at the bottom of the page so you can hear our little tarheel boy!

2 comments:

Book Worm said...

I love the new music. And, okay, you have Robert Earl Keen on your playlist. We totally have to hang out and get the hubbies together. I think they'd mesh. Super Cooper is so cute. I was glad the cape could be shared. I know that's totally what you had in mind when you made sure their names both started with "C's" right?! Hope your little man feels better. I wish mine would mellow out when they felt poorly. They just get cranky!

Ashley said...

Those pictures are so cute!! Ya'll are just the perfect Carolina family. I'm so happy that it all paid off and we won! I wanted to call so bad during halftime I was driving back from class, but I didn't want to jinx us.. haha. I can't believe Carter was wearing his rainbows! They are so cute, but I'm sure that took quite a bit of persuasion. Super Cooper is adorable! I hope he feels better and that ya'll are having a great weekend! :)