So Carter and Cooper were finally able to have their birthday party this weekend at the park after a rainout earlier in the month at the pool. I think they both had fun, obviously Carter more so than Cooper, but he played, too! Carter had lots of little friends come and I'm so glad they did. It is so cute to see 3 year olds interact the way they do! The little girls all seem pretty chatty and social, where the boys are happier to just play and be wild rather than socialize (I never realized it starts so early!). A big huge thank you to Ashley and Andrew for all of your help cleaning up and for all you did for them as well as the other parents that helped me it was all very much appreciated! I think I'd still be at the park cleaning up the mess if it weren't for all of you helping me! It still seems odd to tell people that Carter is 3 and Cooper is 1 now! I feel the need to tell everybody that they "just" turned these ages so they're still little, right? It just blows me away how fast they are growing up.
I was taking Cooper to the MD for his 12 month check up and on the way Carter and I were talking about what they would do to Coop. I told him they would listen to his heart and lungs and tummy and just check him out to make sure he looks ok by looking at his eyes, nose, mouth, etc. I tried to tread lightly on the fact that Cooper would need some shots b/c I knew Carter would need a flu shot soon and I didn't want to scare him! I told him Cooper would get a few shots in his legs to help him not get sick from some yucky things and he told me Cooper would get shots with needles (sorry Brian, I'll only mention it once so keep reading!). He didn't really seem phased by it so I told him yes, he would and that it was a little boo boo but much better than getting sick later on! That seemed to satisfy him for the time being! He then told me that a little boy named Owen in his class as an allergy to peanut butter so he only eats goldfish at school! I asked who told him that and he said, "Miss Stacy told us that some boys and girls can't have peanut butter and that when they do, their bottoms say get out of here peanut butter, we don't like you!" I just thought it was cute of him to remember it all and tell me so matter of factly about it.
I'm happy to report Cooper has really put on the pounds (or ounces but still!) in the last couple weeks after his stomach bug. He was 19 lbs, which seems huge compared to a scrawny 18lbs a few weeks ago. That was like 5th percentile and his head and length were right at 50th. He was good and tolerated his 4 shots as well as you could hope for and now doesn't even seem to care, so that's good! Carter was so brave, too, and went ahead and got his flu shot rather than waiting for when Cooper goes back for a flu booster. He watched the nurse the whole time and cried a little when she did it but was pretty proud of being so big and going first to show Cooper how it's done!
I was taking Cooper to the MD for his 12 month check up and on the way Carter and I were talking about what they would do to Coop. I told him they would listen to his heart and lungs and tummy and just check him out to make sure he looks ok by looking at his eyes, nose, mouth, etc. I tried to tread lightly on the fact that Cooper would need some shots b/c I knew Carter would need a flu shot soon and I didn't want to scare him! I told him Cooper would get a few shots in his legs to help him not get sick from some yucky things and he told me Cooper would get shots with needles (sorry Brian, I'll only mention it once so keep reading!). He didn't really seem phased by it so I told him yes, he would and that it was a little boo boo but much better than getting sick later on! That seemed to satisfy him for the time being! He then told me that a little boy named Owen in his class as an allergy to peanut butter so he only eats goldfish at school! I asked who told him that and he said, "Miss Stacy told us that some boys and girls can't have peanut butter and that when they do, their bottoms say get out of here peanut butter, we don't like you!" I just thought it was cute of him to remember it all and tell me so matter of factly about it.
I'm happy to report Cooper has really put on the pounds (or ounces but still!) in the last couple weeks after his stomach bug. He was 19 lbs, which seems huge compared to a scrawny 18lbs a few weeks ago. That was like 5th percentile and his head and length were right at 50th. He was good and tolerated his 4 shots as well as you could hope for and now doesn't even seem to care, so that's good! Carter was so brave, too, and went ahead and got his flu shot rather than waiting for when Cooper goes back for a flu booster. He watched the nurse the whole time and cried a little when she did it but was pretty proud of being so big and going first to show Cooper how it's done!

No comments:
Post a Comment