Monday, September 8, 2008

"Dodder"

Carter had his 2nd day of school today and I worked lastnight so I was anxious to get through the carpool line as quickly as possible to get home and hopefully get some rest while he was in school. It amazes me how early some people get there to line up for carpool. I picture these overzealous people as the ones who will be PTA president and drive me crazy but I guess I'm being a little too judgmental! Maybe they are all just early birds! Carpool is supposed to start at 9:15 so we got there right at this time in hopes that the line wouldn't be too long. It was perfect timing because I was right in the middle of the pack. I don't want to be one of the 1st ones and have to wait forever, but I don't want to be the slacker in the back either! It went much smoother and quicker this time, but Carter still didn't have much to say to the nice teacher that unbuckled him from his car seat! She assured me he would warm up to him as they would see each other many times throughout the year and I'm sure she is right. I just want Carter to be sweet and polite to people like this but once he gets more comfortable with the process I'm hoping he'll come around. He isn't rude, but just quiet, which we all know isn't the Carter we're familiar with! As usual he didn't have much to say about his day, but he did tell me his teacher Miss Debbie had to miss today because she had to go to her "dodder's" school and he couldn't understand what in the world a dodder was! It was pretty cute and I think he finally realized after a lot of explaining that the word was actually "daughter"!

We went outside to play in our backyard swamp (from all the rain) once we got home and he told me that daddy really needs to kill the "poison igee" climbing up our tree. He is so cute when he thinks he's saying things just right, especially when you ask him to repeat it and he enunciates "I-GEE" even more! Cooper is being his usual sweet self and trying to get through 3 molars coming in all at once. He's been such a trooper through his early teething (he already has 11 teeth at 11 months), but it's just pitiful to look over and see him drooling blood! Fortunately he doesn't seem to be too fazed by it and is perfecting his drunk sailor walk all over the house.

3 comments:

Book Worm said...

YAY! Welcome to the blog world! I hope you become addicted. Lucy, Trigg and I are excited to see you all on a daily basis, even if it's 1 dimentionally. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are so good at this. I am very very very impressed and proud of you. I will also look forward to updates. I send you and the boys lots and lots and lots of love!!!!

Ashley said...

Good job Helen! I think it looks great and you don't need any help at all. I'm so excited about getting to hear about you and these two crazy boys more often :) Love ya'll!