Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Zoo Trip

Because we didn't have a party for Cooper, we wanted to do something special with him for his birthday and a family zoo trip seemed to fit the bill. Carter had the day off from school so it worked out well that we could all go and no one was missing out on anything, except Jamey working but once in a while that's no big deal! The trip started eventfully as Mr. Hudson decided to voice is displeasure with our plans for the first 45 minutes of the trip until he finally fell asleep...about 2 minutes from where we had planned to eat lunch! There is a place in Siler City known for it's burgers so Jamey and the boys went in and ordered our food to go while I stayed in the car with the sleepy head. Cooper will have nothing to do with a hamburger so we headed across the street to Sonic so he could have something a little more to his liking! Next stop was the zoo and I think they all 3 had a great time. Hudson wasn't really too phased by the animals but the big boys loved them all, especially the fake ones you could climb on!


The helicopter was a big hit...Carter remembered it from our last trip, which was forever ago.







Carter's school mascot is a cougar so he thought this was really cool to see a real one.



My parents were out of town last week and we had the pleasure of keeping their sweet dog George. Cooper loves taking care of him and Hudson loves climbing on him so the whole house was excited for our guest! George is such a good sport and lets Hudson pull on him and climb all over him without batting an eye.






Cooper got a Leapster Explorer just like Carter's and loves his Penguins of Madagascar game. He needs help on parts here and there so Daddy saved the day the other night.

I've been slack for me regarding the blog the past couple weeks but we've had just a tad going on:). Thanks to some inspiring friends and co-workers I've discovered my slightly crafty side and taken on a few projects, like painting a dresser, making a Halloween wreath, and painting some cute flower pots. While it's all fun, it's quite time consuming so I'm happy to have those projects behind me! I also got sick last week so that didn't help things a bit - thankfully I'm nearly well and no one else seems to have missed a beat so let's hope it stays that way! I'll try to take a few pictures of my masterpieces in the next few days!

No comments: