Saturday, October 22, 2011

Silverquick and Goldie

My mom and I checked Carter out a little early last Tuesday and took the boys to the State Fair. They were beyond excited and eager to check out the rides, games, and animals! My mom had never been and isn't the biggest fan of crowds so I knew we'd be in for a memorable afternoon. The boys were all great thankfully - Hudson chilled in the stroller the entire time and Carter and Cooper stayed with us and listened while still managing to have fun!

Random old picture I found on my mom's camera...I can't believe my last baby is almost one!
First we headed to Kiddie Land for the rides and $60 later, we'd ridden all there was to ride! I was impressed with how brave Cooper was because he's usually our apprehensive one when it comes to things like that. He and Carter rode this roller coaster by themselves and despite the nervous looks initially, they were both grinning from ear to ear once it started!


Coop was too little for the swings so he rode this by himself while Carter did the swings.

Not quite sure why Coop couldn't do these as they were pretty slow and low, but he had fun on his ride too!

I think the ride highlight for the boys was the ferris wheel. I was so surprised they weren't the least bit scared when we stopped several times at the top!

Coop waving to Nunu and Hudson down below.



Cooper has a favorite Max and Ruby where they go to a carnival so he was all about the games and won every one he played! Our little ringer won not one but two goldfish by throwing these ping pong balls into the bowls!
I didn't really think Carter noticed that Coop actually won both of the fish but right after this picture he said, "Mommy, I can't believe Cooper won both of our goldfish!" Thankfully Carter didn't care how he obtained the fish - he was just thrilled to be bringing home a new pet!

Snack time equated to a caramel apple, cotton candy, and lemonade.
Last stop was the chicken coop to see the baby chicks. Carter did great and was very gentle and as for Cooper, thankfully no animals were permanently harmed by his handling:).


He was trying to be careful but I think he felt like they wouldn't wiggle so much if he just held them a little tighter!

Back home, the boys were so excited about their new fish. They literally provided hours of entertainment! Carter named his Silverquick and Coop's was named Goldie. Despite our best efforts at care-taking, they were both floating by the time Jamey and I went to bed:(. The boys came down the next morning to check on them and were quite concerned with how they looked! Carter was starting to cry, saying he thought they were dead and Coop said, "Don't worry Carter! I think they're just playing the freeze dance game!" It was so precious and I had a hard time choking back my laughter! Carter finally decided the poke test was the best choice so he gently gave his fish a jab and realized they had indeed gone to the light. He was sad but as soon as I told him we'd get some more he was happy with that plan.




I flushed the first round of fish and headed to Petsmart for round 2. The lady was very helpful and recommended Betta fish as a low maintenance one that would probably live longer than a few hours! The boys were excited to see their new fish when they got home from school and named our new fish Zip and Goldie again for Coop. Initially Cooper said he was going to name his Zero because he would probably only live zero days:). I'm happy to report Zip and Goldie are still kicking it!

No comments: