Friday, December 27, 2013

Baby Lucy is Here!

October 17th started out with a bright and early bang for this cute little family!  I didn't realize until my mom called at 7:00am to let us know but Brian had sent us all a text that Lucy Clay wanted to make her appearance a little earlier than anticipated as Sarah's water had broken right around midnight.  They went to the hospital early that morning and were eagerly awaiting the chance to meet their little angel.  Mom and I couldn't get there fast enough and were showered and on the road by 7:40!  Thankfully Jamey was able to keep our rowdy crew here in Cary so that I could be in Boone to meet baby Lucy.

Mom and I were on pins and needles and every phone call or buzz sent us both into a frenzy of excitement as we were hoping to get some happy news that Lucy had been born.  Brian send us a text right around 9:30 that said she's here and she's perfect and I think Mom and I were a teary mess the rest of the way.  A precious picture followed shortly thereafter along with news that Sarah and Lucy were both doing great.

We were both so anxious to get there so of course the trip seemed to drag on and on but we finally arrived and were able to spend the day with precious Lucy Clay and her awesome mommy and daddy.  Parenthood has seemed to come with ease to them and Lucy is a happy, adorable, little lady.  She's a lucky baby to have such amazing parents!














The boys were eager to have the opportunity to meet Lucy so we took a trip to the mountains the first opportunity we had for everyone to meet.  Anyone that knows me knows how much I love a baby so I just can't ever get enough of this precious baby!  The cousins met and we all had a great time hanging out and playing with Lucy.  A cousin picture proved to be just a little too much for Hudson as pictures aren't really his thing these days!  Maybe next time!  Welcome to the world Lucy Clay, you are loved beyond belief by so many people!























No comments: