Friday, August 26, 2011

Kindergarten!

Here he is, the big kindergartener ready for his first day of school! He was very ready and excited so that made the morning so much easier on me. He was dressed before it was even time to wake up and seemed very eager to get to school!


His backpack and lunch box were big hits and he had been looking forward to the day he was able to actually use them!

Carter was thankfully sweet and cooperative for a before school photo shoot.



Still sweet but has definitely had enough!




Here we go!

Carter jumped right in to playing and checking out all of the centers. The first thing he did was make a picture for Cooper so he wouldn't miss him - gosh I love this boy.
Showing off his picture for Coop.
When I went to hug and kiss him goodbye, he asked if it was ok if he came over and said bye to Hudson too! He really has the kindest heart of any 6 year old I know.
Back at home, Hudson was happy to be the center of attention for once! Jamey had taken Cooper to preschool for his meet the teacher so I am definitely empty nesting! I know Carter will adore school and learn and thrive but it will be a different kind of normal around here for us to get used to for sure. It's so hard to believe that it's already time for him to start school! Everyone says it goes too fast when they're little, it seems like just the other day he was a newborn...I sure wish there was a way to slow things down! Carter was so ready but I'm gonna need a little time to adjust - I just miss him so much! I'm sure Hudson and Cooper will find a way to keep me plenty busy to pass the school time!


No comments: