Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Birthday Boy Round 2

What a week! Not that he doesn't deserve it but I feel like we've been celebrating this now 6 year old all month! As the birthday boy he chose where we went, what we ate, his cake, etc., etc., etc. We started off the day with mini pancakes, his breakfast of choice, and then headed to Target with a little birthday money that was burning a hole in his pocket, wonder where he gets that trait from?! He bought himself a fancy dry erase board with all the bells and whistles after many trips down each and every aisle to browse for the big purchase!





For lunch he and Cooper decided to go gourmet with Burger King kids meals and then all 5 of us headed downtown the the Museum of Natural Sciences. Cooper wasn't too thrilled about it and told us over and over it was "boring, boring" and that the best part was definitely riding the escalators:). Carter liked it and had a good time checking out all the bugs and critters.







While we were walking around the capital, this enormous moth decided to perch itself on Carter's shoulder! Thankfully it wasn't my shoulder or I would've been a hot mess of entertainment for everyone watching me dance around shaking him off! Daddy came to the rescue with a stick to knock him off.


Birthday dinner was spaghetti as you can see on Carter's face and his cake was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, much to Coop the strawberry lover's dismay. The present Carter had been dying for was a Captain America shield and he was thrilled to open it last. I was so proud of how nice Carter was to share his new toys with Coop and also how well Cooper handled not getting a thing and being excited for Carter at the same time.



Coop isn't a chocolate fan so he chose a ring pop for dessert instead.


Attack of the hat-wearing baby! Luckily we had the Captain America shield to save us.


It just seems unreal to me that my first baby is 6. He has been an absolute joy and blessing to us and I have loved watching him grow into the awesome little guy he is. He is quite the perfect child, most of the time...eager to please, patient, so kind and caring towards others that it really blows me away, gentle, easy-going, happy, proud, loving, smart, and the list goes on. Buddy, I love you to the moon and I am so proud to be your mom. Just thinking about you makes my heart smile. I hope you had a great birthday!

No comments: