Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Fun

Having my mom around regularly has been such a fun blessing. I can't even begin to describe how nice it is to have spur of the moment fun with her and the boys. Last week we decided on a whim to take the boys the the Life and Science Museum in Durham and had quite a memorable time! I'm always worried about Hudson missing his naps but I knew with my mom there to help we'd make it work so off we went around 10:15, hoping he'd cat nap in the car. Fortunately he did just that and woke up happy and ready to go at the museum. We picked a pretty hot day but no one seemed to mind and loved every second of the train, dinosaurs, animals, and space stuff! The boys were even too busy to eat so we left around 3pm without having any lunch. We headed to Mellow Mushroom, one of my favorites, and I'd say it's fair to say we left our mark there! From Hudson's cheerios and crumbs all under his high chair, to Coop's lemonade catastrophe all over our table and floor, to the fit Coop pitched when he realized they didn't have chicken and french fries, I think that waiter is still having nightmares about us! To top it all off, when we went to leave, my car was completely blocked in by Durham Bulls traffic so my mom had to be my traffic director for the 10 minutes it took for me to inch forward and back to freedom. When I came home and told Jamey all about our adventure, he couldn't believe I was still in a good, smiling mood after all that and it just made me realize just how much more fun it is and how much happier I am to have a partner in crime!


Cooper LOVES trains and is counting down until Pullen Park's reopening but he hates the loud whistle!


Despite the facial expressions, they were happy!


My monkey man on the dinosaur.
Two Monkeys

Proud to be hanging with the big boys
Check me out with my walker!
I love to "one hand" things now!
Bouncy balls are the perfect toy for me, right?!
Out of order but sweet Hud in the Butterfly House


Check out my 7 pearly whites!

I'm sad to just be discovering this but Carter's elementary school also has a public park right behind it and they share the same playground. The boys love it because there are two play structures, a huge field with soccer goals, a backstop for baseball, etc. and I love it because there's a track I can run! Lately I've been taking them with their bikes and letting them play while I get my exercise pushing Hudson around the track. We've been the only people there every day and they have been having a blast! It has really worked out perfectly but will come to an end soon as the park isn't open to the public during school hours and school starts back next week. One of the first days we checked it out, they happened to be testing the sprinklers on the fields so the boys had so much fun running around and cooling off. I hate I didn't have my camera because I would've had some pretty classic pictures! Even Hudson checked out the sprinklers and was probably the dirtiest I've ever seen him. Needless to say, we came home to a 3 boy bath and very long nap time!




I wish I took better pictures because I love this so much but would love it more if it was clearer!

It won't be long until this little guy is right in the mix!



No comments: