Sunday, May 3, 2009

THIRTY

I really can't believe that Jamey turned 30! For some reason I feel like when you're in your twenties you can get away with a mismatched house, college furniture, etc., but once you're thirty you're supposed to have it together! We are far from having everything "together" how I would like it but at the same time I'm perfectly happy just the way we are! Jamey I hope you had a great birthday and don't worry, I'll be joining you way too soon for my liking!

My mom came and kept the boys for us so Jamey and I could get away to the beach for his big day! We were so excited to have the chance to spend time together just us, with no kids to chase or discipline or help, that we really didn't know what to do with ourselves! We went to Wrightsville and spent every second we could on the beach! It was so unbelievably nice from the weather to the food to the company but I think we both missed the boys quite a bit and the majority of our conversations seemed to be about them as usual! I guess we had so much fun playing that I forgot to take any pictures the whole trip! We took a few beach games to keep us busy and they definitely did the trick. We could barely get out of bed after the first day we were so sore from throwing the football but we managed to get in a few more throws and some paddleball that day, too! I even went for a swim both days but it was a little too cold for Jamey (it was freezing but I think I was numb from the second my toes touched the water so it didn't seem horrible!). A cute old man on the beach came down to talk to us when we took a break from football and he said to Jamey, "I'm sorry sir, but I have to say I think lefty has the better arm!" It was pretty funny and Jamey was of course a good sport about it, not that the man was right at all!

Carter wanted to help Jamey celebrate once we came home so we had a little belated celebration
and I think he managed to tell everyone in Harris Teeter that his Daddy was turning 30 when we picked out his cake!









No comments: