Don't let your BLS Certification expire!
Our day started out on Friday like any typical day around our house. Carter had a swim lesson at 12:15 so we packed our lunch and headed to the pool to meet a friend and spend the afternoon. I was scheduled to work Friday night so we got home around 3 and I put Cooper down for his nap and was just about to do the same with myself and Carter when I saw we had a message on our answering machine. I started to not even check it but decided I should at least see who called and when I saw it was Duke Hospital, I was intrigued enough to play it. It was one of my nurse managers telling me that my CPR certification expired in April of 2009 according to their records but she was sure it was just a mistake because I'm usually so on top of those things! She told me to just make a copy of my new card (oh, if only I had one!) and put it in her mailbox that night when I came in to work! I think my heart dropped to my toes as I realized I had no clue where my card was or when it expired but I found it pretty easily and discovered that I had been working for the entire month of May without technically being allowed to! I wasn't allowed to come to work on Friday without my certification so the good side of the story is that I had the whole weekend off with my family! If something like this had to happen, at least it was on the Friday of a holiday weekend - I must say I wasn't too terribly sad about staying home, especially after I found a way to get my BLS taken care of over the weekend without spending a fortune or a whole day doing it!
Cooper REALLY likes 2 naps a day
Jamey would probably tell you that I just like to make things more complicated and worry about things that work themselves out but that's just part of who I am so oh well! With Cooper being 20 months old and not seeming terribly tired in the morning these days, I've thought more and more of transitioning him to one nap a day. It would free us up more for playdates in the morning and just make our day a little more predictable. I have a sitter lined up for the Summer and if he isn't napping in the morning, I thought she could do fun things with them like the park, pool, library, etc. Besides, he'll start preschool in the Fall anyway and he won't be getting a morning nap there so I figured Summer was a good time to start working on it! Apparently Cooper has other plans:) Our church started it's Summer schedule this past Sunday so that meant we go at 10am rather than 9am. Cooper normally naps from 10 to 12 but is fine to sleep from 11-12 or so, too, so we thought it wouldn't be a big deal at all. By the time we were home from church it was lunchtime and the weather was yucky so we thought we'd just give him his lunch and then let them both nap from 1-4 and head to the pool once they woke up - maybe the weather would even be better then. He was so sleepy but only slept from 1 to 2:15, if that! Dinner was a nightmare, as was pretty much everything until I walked into his room to put him to bed, at which point he plopped his head down on my shoulder as if to say, "thank God they finally realized what I wanted!" He even helped me "sing" Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and then off to bed he went! He had 2 naps today and was a different child entirely! To his credit, he is getting his 17th and 18th teeth, which are his top 2 year molars, so I'm thinking that has probably played into his grumpiness as well! Teething must be pretty miserable.

No comments:
Post a Comment