Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mudder's Day!

For some reason when Carter pronounces the word "mother", it always seems to come out "mudder" hence the title! Our weekend started out early with a little Mother's Day serenading courtesy of the 3 year olds at Carter's preschool. It was so, so cute and they were all so proud to be singing to an audience of familiar mommy faces! I think Carter might have been a little prouder when we got home to see Aunt Ashley at our house, though! We had a fun afternoon playing outside with her and then I headed to work Friday night:( I guess I can't complain, at least I didn't have to work Mother's Day like a lot of the other moms I know!

Sleep just wasn't happening for me Saturday so I got up early and we went to the Farmer's Market for a fried seafood lunch - just what we all needed, right? We came home and had a little ghetto blow-up pool action in the frontyard and the boys had a ball "swimming" and splashing around until naptime!

Carter has been looking forward to Mother's Day like a child looks forward to Christmas because he knows that's when our pool opens. He's told us repeatedly how he can't wait to go off the diving board and slide and that he'll be able to swim just fine without wings this year! The weather Sunday didn't look like he'd get his chance as it was grey, cloudy, and cool early but ended up being perfect pool weather and the water was surprisingly warm (thank God!). Jamey was a little apprehensive about the water temp so he played the role of personal photographer for the first little bit of our trip - he's really not that girly, I promise! Carter jumped right to me and wanted to swim to the side so I gave him a little push and he sank like a rock! As soon as I had him above water he asked if we could go to the shallow end and if I brought his wings because he'd probably wear them after all! He absolutely loved it as did sweet Cooper so I know we'll be spending the majority of our hot, Summer days at the pool, yahoo for suntans! Speaking of that, I was an awful mom and forgot to pack sunscreen so Cooper's poor shoulders and back paid the price and are now a lovely shade of hot pink. He really doesn't act like it bothers him in the least but I feel horrible! I won't make that mistake again, but I'm not used to fair skin:) All in all it was an awesome weekend with the people I love and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too!






This is Sunday morning before church in a definite "Mommy" outfit. I joke with Jamey because I think the people at church automatically know if I'm around or not based on Cooper's outfit. If I dress him, he wears cute things like this, but if Jamey dresses him, it's a polo and khaki's all the way!


















Cooper was trying to jump just like his big brother, but his "jump" consisted more of lifting one leg up in the air at a time and falling in my direction!



The love each other sometimes!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These pictures are so cute! I cant wait to get my boys to the pool, although I'm exhausted just thinking about how I'm going to pull it off!