Cooper went to the MD for his 15 month appt. and a few immunizations a week ago and I forgot to post anything about it so here goes. Forgive me for those of you that don't really care about lots of detail but I plan to use my blog as some sort of baby book for them as well so I have to keep these things compiled somewhere! He weighed 20lbs 6oz, which was like 10th percentile but where he's been all along, his length was 31.5 (50th) and I don't remember his head circ but it was 75th - it must be that incredible brain he has up there taking up all the space. I had worked the night before so Jamey was brave and took them for me. I am so blessed to have such a helping husband and they were both great, aside from Cooper crying a lot in the exam room. He is so funny now and has developed quite the temper - whenever he gets mad (which is usually because Carter has taken something from him or won't let him get where he wants to go) he balls up his fists and "headbutts" anything in his way. It's a little scary to me but I guess it's better than swinging those little fists at something! He isn't the most verbal child just yet but he does say mama, dada, ottie (which we think is otter), ayee (we think means our dog Hallie), baby and bye, bye all the time! It's so fun to watch him at this stage b/c it seems that everything he does is an adventure and he gets so excited at all the cute little things - if you ask him if he wants to go upstairs, he'll just smile and sprint to the gate like it's his job and when you ask him about bathtime, he stands at the tub and pulls on his clothes trying to help get them off so he can hop in.
Where to even begin with Carter?! He's such a chatterbox and goes on and on and on about anything and everything in his little Southern voice. He is so sweet and fun but too smart for his own good and learning more about sharing (thanks to Cooper) everyday! He has become quite the little metrosexual and only likes to wear certain things, like topsiders, khaki's or corduroys, oxford shirts, sweaters, and sweater vests! He looks so cute with his little preppy self but it's getting annoying that he refuses to wear anything else! He picks out his own clothes in the morning and wants to dress before we even leave his room because he says his pj's aren't very nice looking. I'll try to persuade him to wear jeans and tennis shoes but I don't win very often! The other day for school he wore something like this but only under the condition that he could change into his nicer clothes when we got home from school. Tomorrow he is supposed to wear pj's to school but he's already told me a few times he doesn't want to because they don't look nice! I think I'll be able to talk him into it but I guess time will tell...

1 comment:
That is so cute about Carter dressing "nice"! Lily is the same way with her bows. She can't leave her room without one! Also, there is this website called blurb.com that you might be interested in. It will make all of your blog entries and pictures into a book for pretty inexpensive. You should definitely check it out! Take care!
Post a Comment