Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'll Absolutely Try...

Carter has said some pretty funny stuff lately so I need to post it before it's long forgotten! On our snow day he started complaining about his knee hurting but we can't seem to find a thing wrong with it - for the past few days he's told me that he's sick because of his knee and he doesn't think he's feeling the right temperature! I think he basically just wants to get some yummy liquid ibuprofen or acetaminophen because he tells me that it'll be better if he can get some medicine for it.

One day a few months ago I met my friend Amy and her kids for a lunch date at Moe's. Carter was an absolute terror (crawling under the table, wiping his dirty little fingers on their spotless glass window, turning around in his seat...you name it, he did it!). We came home and had a lengthy timeout in his room so he could think about how bad he was. Everytime we drive past Moe's he'll say, "Mommy, there's Moe's!" Lastnight he said, "Mommy, will we ever get to go back to Moe's again because I really like their quesadillas?" I told him that we could maybe go back soon but that he'd have to be really good because he'd been so bad before! "Can we maybe go there when I'm an adult then?" I said he probably wouldn't have to wait that long but he'd just have to be really good on our next try! He said, "Mommy, I'll absolutely try to be good!" I almost lost it - he says so many "grownup" things now but I don't think I've ever heard him say absolutely!

1 comment:

Book Worm said...

I'd totally love a Moe's burrito and we'd love to be there to absolutely try to be good again! Have Carter call Lucy for a date anytime. We're game and he really wasn't that bad! xoxoxoA