Friday, December 19, 2008

Tyler Hansbrough is my Hero

We went to the Carolina vs. Evansville game lastnight and took the whole crew. They were so good for the most part, especially Cooper. He sat in my lap the majority of the game and occasionally pointed and grunted up towards the rafters but other than that he was pretty chill. Carter had fun jumping from lap to lap and usually found his way to Parker, his new best friend. He told me so when Parker was pulling away from our house lastnight. Parker gets Skittles for the two of them to share during the second half and I think that's the highlight of Carter's trip. He did watch some of the game and was cute to cheer at the right times and get excited when we scored. At one point he hopped up in Jamey's lap and told him he had to watch and sit still because Tyler was going to get a record soon!

Fortunately he did get it soon after that point and it was so cool to be there for it. After the game they had a video tribute to him and he and Phil Ford both had the chance to speak to the crowd and that was all pretty awesome. It's hard to put into words what it meant to be there for such a big moment in Carolina basketball but I think it meant even more since it was Tyler. The way he plays and loves basketball seems equivalent to how much we love Carolina, which is obviously a lot!



2 comments:

Book Worm said...

Grrreat pictures! So brave to take your kids! Go you and the Carolina blue!

Ashley said...

I was just thinking that I have really been missing your blog and then I check it and it looks all different! Yay! :) Hope you are doing great! Can't wait to hear all about the mountains! I'm sure ya'll had so much fun! :)