Thursday, December 11, 2008

Griswald Moment

My new music was inspired by a little light mishap the other day that I think is worth sharing. I got this bright idea to decorate a tree outside by our driveway and I think we bit off a little more than we could chew so to speak! I know I talked about this briefly in an older post but Jamey started decorating it with 5 new strands of lights and finished about 1/5 of it so I finished the rest on Monday. It was a huge project and took like 12 strands of lights and way too much of our time! I did it in the daytime but I still plugged the lights in to make sure they all worked and all was looking great when I finally finished - I was so proud. I left the lights on when I went to pick Carter up from preschool because I thought he'd get a kick out of seeing it all lit up but when we pulled up to the house, the tree was dark! What on Earth happens to lights that causes them to stop working in 20 minutes?! During their nap time I went out to play with them and realized that a strand wasn't working - fortunately for me it was the first strand so I just skipped it and plugged the extension cord into the next strand! The bright orange cord looks a little ghetto hanging in mid air from the tree but it at least works! I definitely felt like Clark and still do a bit as I see the bright orange shining at me when I pull into or out of our driveway! I guess we're all entitled to a little tackiness here and there - bring on the blow up snowman for the yard!

No comments: