Thursday, December 18, 2008

Haircuts and DumDum's

Cooper's hair has been borderline girly for a while now but we (I) just didn't have it in me to cut his precious curls! My mind was changed lastnight in the bathtub when Cooper accidentally slipped underwater. I sat him back up quickly and he wasn't even phased by it, but his hair was all slicked back on his neck and half way down his shoulder blades! Jamey and I both agreed at that point that it was about time so off we went today for Cooper's first real taste of JJ's Kids Cuts in the driver seat! He's been many times before to watch Carter get haircuts but he's never been the one to sit in the car and watch a movie! I really thought he would be terrible and cry through the whole thing but the tears were fortunately brief and laughter took their place. The nice owner blew bubbles for him the whole time and had him cracking up! He and the woman cutting his hair couldn't get over what a ham he was, to which I told them I'd never really seen this side of him! He has this one laugh he does where he puts his head all the way back and closes his eyes...it's really hard to get him to do it but when he does it's "illarioust" as Carter would say - he even did that for them! He was precious and had the best time - I was so proud of him and so thankful that they're so accomodating in there! They even gave us a 1st haircut certificate and a little lock of his hair for his baby book. I thought he deserved a treat so I let him have a dumdum sucker afterwards - he was a little unsure what to do with it at first but quickly got the hang of it as you can see from the pics! I guess he's had some experience observing dumdum consumption since they are one of Carter's favorites.
We also went to see Santa yesterday at Cary Towne Center and I'm so sad I don't have a scanner to put their picture on here because a description will not do it justice! I should've known when I got to the Santa station at 1:05 and no one was around that luck wasn't on my side - Santa was on break until 2:00 so we had to kill 55 minutes! You would think that would be easy in a mall but my shopping was mainly done and I really didn't feel like fighting the crowds with Carter walking and Cooper in the stroller. We did try one store to get some socks for Jamey and Carter tried to polish his face with the shoe polish. We were then off to get in line for Santa with 10 minutes to spare and only 2 people in front of us. Cooper was wild as he could be and had the best time looking at the decorations and playing with the railings that formed the line. I brought my camera in hopes to snap a few myself b/c Santa pictures are ridiculously expensive but I unfortunately didn't have time for that! Carter was really sweet and told Santa he wants a truck that holds trucks for Christmas and sat on his lap obediently. I warned Santa and the picture taker that Cooper would scream so to please just take the picture when I put him up there! As soon as Coop's bottom hit Santa's leg, he yelled and turned redder than Santa's suit! I didn't even have time to take one for myself b/c Cooper just screamed and pointed at me, turning redder by the second! One 3X5 and 2 teeny wallets for $16 and we were happily on our way to the car - Cooper stopped crying the second I picked him up by the way!


Cooper before..

Before from the back!

Not so sure, but in to Baby Einstein!

I'm liking this Mommy!

Sweet Boy!

The "Illarioust" Laugh

After!

I look like Uncle Brian here

I think I like dumdum's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooper's haircut is perfect! Just like he and Carter. We have the very best grandsons and couldn't be prouder of them. Thanks for keeping us updated with the blog!!

Love,
Nunu & Pop

Book Worm said...

Oooo! You did it! he looks SO cute. Like Nunu and Pop said. It's perfect. Bravo.