My mom gave Carter and Cooper the cutest gift last week called "The Elf on The Shelf". It comes with a tiny, little elf and a book that tells you all about it. The premise is that this little elf comes to visit your home during the holidays and watches over you so he can report back good and bad deeds to Santa each night. Once you are in bed, he uses magic to fly to the North Pole to talk to Santa about you. The next morning he comes back before you wake up and sits in a new location and it's your child's responsibility to find his new spot each day. On Christmas Eve he returns to the North Pole and stays their until next year.
Carter was a little timid with this idea initially but has quickly fallen in love with our elfin friend. His first job according to the book was to name him and he chose the name Kate! I told him I guess it could be a boy or a girl and he was pretty definitive that he wants her to be a girl. He is too funny with her right now - I'll see him walk by her spot and wave at her and tell her hello! He even asks Cooper if he wants to wave to Kate, too. He's obviously listening to us because he tells Cooper EVERYTHING we've told him about her and he does it in his serious voice like Cooper better pay attention or else! He's also very interested in how she chooses her new spot each time she moves - we're trying to keep her higher than his little curious fingers but there are only so many high spots in the house! I have to confess I've already forgotten to move her once but fortunately Carter's 1st question when he woke up was where he could find Kate, so that reminded me to race downstairs and move her before he made it down! He's told her he wants everything known to man for Christmas, from a shovel and rake to new "undies" because his are getting too tight so he says!
We are all finally (knock on wood) well and hoping to keep it that way! Carter finished his antibiotics a couple of days ago and Cooper is now sharing the wealth with the remainder until it's gone. We call it our magic medicine because 24 hours after Cooper's 1st dose he was a different child! I know I shouldn't share an antibiotic, but Coop was obviously holding on to something his little immune system couldn't seem to shake on its own as they are definitely helping.
We had an awesome Thanksgiving at my parents' house in South Carolina and then my brother and sister-in-law came down for the weekend so we could all be together. We had so much fun and hated to see it end...it doesn't get much better than spending time with the people you love amongst good food, good drinks, and sports! Carter and Cooper loved all the attention and were really sweet to everyone fortunately! We even got to meet Willie, my brother's 4 1/2 month old Jack Russell, and he is about the cutest thing we've ever seen. Carter kept telling us that he just loves Willie so much while Cooper was happy to point at him and check him out every now and then.
We're now trying to get into the swing of December with Christmas shopping, Christmas cards, and decorating, which we plan to do this weekend! I think this Christmas might be my favorite yet as a parent because I think Carter will really have fun. He has his bad moments but overall is such a sweet, good-natured boy. Cooper is a little angel, too, and they both make me realize we have so much to be thankful for in our family!

5 comments:
Love the pics! My sister-in-law was JUST telling me about the "elf on the shelf"...we will have to get one next year when Lily understands more. What camera did you end up getting...your pics looks wonderful! Is that your Christmas card pic? I want one!! Send me your address and I'll send you one, too! :)
We have had Ruby our elf on the shelf for three years--she always comes back right after Thanksgiving!! Love the way she whips them into shape. Keep the good attitudes comin!!!1
I love your new festive look! I'm so glad that Carter is love with Kate. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Hey Helen! I found your blog through Amanda's....didn't know you had one:) It's fun, isn't it? Your boys are absolutely adorable!
I love your Christmas card! It was the first one we received! The picture is great!
Post a Comment