Wow, what a weekend! It was definitely a family affair as we spent the weekend in Fayetteville for Ashley and Andrew's wedding. Jamey was a groomsman and had the job of walking his sweet sister down the aisle, I was a bridesmaid, and Carter and Cooper were the ring bearers. We had an absolute blast but I can't believe it's already come and gone. Times like this are so bittersweet to me because you wait and wait for the time to come and when it finally does, it's over before you know it.
We spent Friday night at the rehearsal dinner where Jamey stole the show with the sweetest toast ever to his sister. He truly did such a great job summing up their relationship and just how special it is. I was sad to not give a toast but I also knew my emotions would get the best of me if I attempted to do so!
With that said, typing is much easier on me than public speaking so I just want them to know just how special they are to us. Ashley, you are absolutely one of the kindest, most compassionate, caring, and beautiful people I know. You took my breath away all weekend by just how lovely you were, both inside and out. We are so blessed to have you in our lives - you are without a doubt the best friend, daughter, aunt, sister, sister-in-law, godmother, and now wife around. Andrew, it's so hard for me to believe that I've actually known you longer than I've known Jamey and Ashley! Whether we were playing chase, kicking balls, swimming at the lake, or chasing puppies on the sidelines of our brothers' games, I could always count on you as someone to hang out with and have a good time. While what we do together may have changed as we've gotten older, we still always seem to have much more fun when you are around! We appreciate all you do and have done for our family so much. The boys think you hung the moon and I couldn't agree with them more. While you are perfectly comfortable and capable of singing karaoke to a bar full of strangers, you're also right at home sitting down playing with the boys or reading them a book or holding Hudson and I love that about you. We feel so fortunate to have you as such an important and special part of our family. I honestly can't think of a better match than the two of you - you even look like you belong together. You are both so lucky to have each other and I hope so much that your marriage continues to grow more and more each day. We love you both so much and were absolutely humbled and thrilled to be able to help you celebrate such an important day in your lives so thank you so much for letting us be a part of it.
Even though Carter has his eyes closed, Ashley was too pretty not to include!

1 comment:
Those boys are so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment