Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Nunu!

I really can't believe July is almost over but it has come and gone way too quickly as always. This has been one HOT July so we've spent most of the time inside or at the pool and I'm so thankful to have my mom around as my pool companion and helper, because I couldn't do it without her! She has been such a blessing to us, especially with all that has happened with Jamey's dad. She watched the boys anytime she could so that I was able to be at the hospital with Jamey and we are truly so grateful for all she does for us. I think the Lord absolutely works in mysterious ways and I have no doubt that the timing of my parents move coinciding with Jamey's dad's hospitalization was no coincidence. It was such a relief for me to be able to leave the boys with her as opposed to a babysitter during such a stressful and exhausting time for all of us. We appreciate her more than I can ever fully express but I just hope she knows it! We love you Nunu!

Hudson is without a doubt the happiest little guy around these days and is full of babbles and energy. He rarely cries and has finally decided that naps and bedtime aren't such bad things after all, meaning he now lays down happily without a 15 minute cry! He really likes his solid foods and is becoming less and less interested in milk, which I'm sure is normal, but just makes feeding time less pleasant for me because he's so distracted. I keep telling myself only 3 more months to go but I'm sure as the song says, I'm gonna miss this! I can't remember my last update on him but he now has 6 teeth and has become an expert clapper. Just a glance in his direction is all it takes for him to have the biggest smile and both hands going! He's perfected his crawling to the point of speed crawling and has figured out how to get down from pulling up and how to go from crawling, laying, or standing to sitting. He cruises all over the furniture and coffee table without fear and I think he will be our earliest walker yet but who knows - time will tell I suppose!


Watercolor paints have become a daily source of entertainment around here with the heat keeping us indoors. They love them!




Don't let him fool you, he's bad with a capital B!
If you know Carter and Cooper you can easily see which paint set belongs to each of them!

Parker is one of our best friends from college and the boys think he hung the moon. They all 3 went right to him and couldn't get enough!

We broke out the Fisher Price home and Hudson likes it but I think Cooper may still enjoy it a little more than he's willing to admit!

My mom's birthday was July 26th and it wasn't ridiculously hot so we headed to a park for a little while to get out some energy. Hudson loves the swings as you can see.



Typical Cooper...just another day in paradise!
Batter up! Carter has really come a long way in t-ball and loves batting the most.

Nunu's labor of love birthday cake! I was proud of myself to have the patience without medication to make her birthday cake and icing from scratch with 2 little helpers every step of the way! In all honesty, we really had a good time and the finished product was very yummy - mission accomplished!

The birthday girl with all 3 boys

Candles have to go in just the right spots!





Yay for Nunu! My happy clapper was so sweet the whole time and was quite intrigued by all the chaos. Happy Birthday Nunu - we love you so much and are so happy to have you right here!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm so happy that your mom is here too!! That cake is beautiful! Way to go team! :)