Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy 4th of July

We made the most of this holiday weekend by packing it with lots of fun at the pool, a festival, and of course fireworks!

Hudson LOVES the pool and acts like he'd love for us to let him go so he could take off.


Snack time at the pool with sharing, what a rarity:).
George had, "sawn us a lot" as I used to say to my grandmother when I was ready to see my parents again and didn't want to get out of the car to come inside our house!

Time for some sparklers! Cooper was scared to death initially but loved them once he figured out they were actually cool!




This is what happens when I get the chance to buy cheap fireworks that I know nothing about at Harris Teeter! These were the nastiest things I've ever seen and looked like snakes when you lit them, or something even more disgusting that I don't really think needs to be shared!





We checked out a 4th of July festival in downtown Apex that was fun but very hot and crowded! They had lots of inflatables for the kids, crafts, carnival games, and of course lots of unhealthy food! I think the boys liked the inflatables and the spin art the most! They end the event with a bike/trike/stroller parade with any kids that wanted to participate and it was so cute - we'll definitely have to do that next year!


Carter needed his turn with the aviators at the pool!
My patriotic baby!




Too cool for school with sparklers now...doesn't even have to pay attention to them!



Cary's fireworks were rained out on the 4th so we had to settle for the TV version but the boys didn't seem to mind! Coop was mesmerized as you can see.

Cary did their fireworks on July 5th so we went to dinner and then hung out in the parking lot so we could see all the action! Don't they look thrilled?! They really did have fun, even if their faces don't indicate that!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great pics! Carter is looking so much like Jamey these days. Especially rockin' those sunglasses :)