Thursday, July 28, 2011

RIP Mr. Bass

July has definitely been a memorable month to say the least. Jamey is planning (with lots of encouragement from me!) to do his own blog post soon as a little tribute to his dad so I won't say much.

Sadly, Jamey's dad passed away July 20th after suffering a head injury on July 5th. He spent that entire time in the hospital, mostly in Neuro ICU and Jamey, Ashley, Andrew, and Kathy were by his side throughout it all. I'll let Jamey say more about his dad but I just want to say how proud I am of my husband for all he did for his dad and his family during those awful 2+ weeks. He was at the hospital almost every day and was far and away his dad's biggest advocate. His dad was one incredibly lucky man to have been blessed with Jamey and Ashley as his children. They are two of the nicest, most compassionate and caring people in my life and I know their dad would've been so proud to see how they handled such a difficult situation. I can't come up with many words to describe Mr. Bass that really sum him up but when I try to, what comes to mind is "one of a kind" and I think that probably says it best. He will definitely be missed but as Cooper says, he's now in a far better place helping Mr. Fields take care of Woody and Hallie:).

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Helen, you are always so sweet. :) You could not have said it better. Dad certainly was one of a kind and you hit the nail on the head about Jamey. Who would have thought that my big brother would grow up to be such a great man? It must be all of the wonderful women in his life. :) Thank you, Helen, for all that you've done and continue to do for us. I love you!