Dear Carter,
I don't even know where to begin but I guess I'll start by saying I can't believe you are 5 already! It seems like just yesterday I was cradling little, tiny you in my arms for the very first time. That is a moment I will never forget and one that I will cherish forever because it's when I first became a mom. Not only a mom, a mom to the most precious, awesome little boy I've ever known. You had my heart from that moment on and every day I feel more and more thankful that God blessed us with wonderful you.
You are quite possibly the sweetest, most thoughtful, caring, and considerate little boy I know. You help me do things around the house without arguing and you pick up your toys on your own without prompting from us. You are always happy to help Cooper with whatever he needs and Cooper is one lucky little brother to have you to look up to. I can already tell that you're going to be a huge help when the new baby comes and that you'll really enjoy helping me and your dad with him. You are always nice to your friends and make us so proud when you use your manners and treat others with respect.
Your big brown eyes take my breath away and I'm sure there will be plenty of girls to follow my lead all too soon. You have the cutest facial expressions and love to roll your eyes when you're frustrated or embarrassed by something. You have your dad's complexion and tan easily regardless of how much sunscreen we slather you in. You've gradually gotten out of your "polo shirt" phase and now dress yourself every morning in whatever casual things you can find but you always match. Your shoes of choice are Rainbows, crocs, New Balance tennis shoes, topsiders for church, and rain boots for whenever you feel the need, which is usually a hot, sun-filled summer day. You can swim like a champ now and are becoming more and more interested in basketball, soccer, baseball, and tennis. I bet I know some people who will be rooting for you to pursue the latter! You still love anything to do with space and have definitely far surpassed me in your planetary knowledge! You also like Toy Story, pretty much anything that comes on Nickelodeon, drawing, riding your bike, and exploring our street with Cooper and neighbors looking for bugs. You're open to trying any food but have your favorites of Mexican, pizza, and lasagna.
I really do feel like the luckiest mom to have you as my son. You make me a better person every day and I've learned so much from you about patience, laughter, gratitude, and genuinely having a good time. You light up any room with your sweet personality and I'm the happiest mom because I have you and your wonderful brother and Daddy to come home to each day! I sure wish I could slow things down and enjoy every last second of each stage you go through but for now I'm just happy to have had the most fun-filled 5 years I can remember and I look forward many, many more happy times ahead. I love you so much buddy and I'm so proud to be your mom. Happy 5th Birthday!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment