I've been quite the slacker with blog posts but I've tried to remember all the cute little happenings of the last little bit so we'll see how it goes!
Cooper
This little boy is turning into a big boy right before our eyes, even though his high-pitched voice begs to differ! He's full of conversation these days and knows just what he wants and how exactly he wants it. For instance, he'll ask for a snack and sometimes he'll want that snack in a bowl, sometimes on a plate, and sometimes right out of the bag/box but you better clarify with him before you just assume you know how he would like said snack or else you will hear about it until the situation is rectified to his liking! He uses the word "so" all the time and tells me at least ten times a day, "Mommy, me love you so, so much!" Those little words are just the trick to have his mommy wrapped around his finger. He also loves to come up and kiss whatever part of you is within reach, which usually happens to be your thigh or upper arm, both of which are appreciated and I wouldn't trade for the world. He also has impeccable timing with these kisses and chooses to freely distribute them after a bout of bad behavior but sometimes gives them for no reason at all!
This big boy is still in his little boy crib and likes it that way. I didn't really want to mention the new baby coming and booting him from his bed shortly but wanted to see what Cooper thought about his bed situation so I asked him a few weeks ago if he wanted to move across the hall to share a room with Carter soon. He said, "Mommy, when dat new baby comes, me seep (sleep) in dat big boy bed in Cawda's woom (Carter's room!), When dat new baby rings dat doorbell, me show him his crib!" Oh, if it were only that simple but I'm glad he's on board with my plan!
It suddenly occurred to me a little over a week ago that Cooper will be turning 3 this fall! It hit me like a ton of bricks and I had a sudden urge to get potty training behind us. To each their own but I just have a problem letting my 3 year old still wear diapers if I can help it. We started our attempt 1 week ago today and Coop, in typical fashion, has amazed me with how well he's done! Knock on wood he's got it figured out and is in big boy underwear during the day time (which just might be the cutest thing ever) and diapers for naps and bedtime, although he keeps waking up dry but who knows how long that will last. He's so cute when he has to potty because he'll get your attention like it's an urgent matter and say, "come on, come on..." and run to the potty but as soon as he goes he says, "That's enough, Mommy" and moves on to the next item on his funny, little agenda!
Carter
This one has his moments of misbehavior but for the most part is quite good and so helpful with his little brother. He has been his potty cheerleader and is happy to help Cooper with his clothes so he can get to the potty and then celebrates with him afterwards for his job well done. He's very helpful around the house with cleaning up his toys and going to get things and does so without complaint. He is very interested in space and the planets and has been into that sort of thing since his school lesson on it at least 6 months ago! He definitely knows more about space than me and thinks it's so funny to stump me or correct me if I tell him something that isn't right. We check space books out from the library 5-10 at a time and have to keep switching up which library we visit so that we'll have a fresh supply of books to bring home.
He's still riding his 12 inch bike with training wheels but is definitely in need of an upgrade. That is on the birthday present list for us so hopefully the Huffy Rock-It will make it until then! We've been going on longer and longer bike rides and he does great with his little legs pedaling a million times a minute to get the tiny wheels to turn! We rode (I say we rode but Carter rode his bike and I pushed Coop in the stroller) 2 miles to a park the other day, stayed and played for a good 2 hours and then rode to Chick-Fil-A for some hard earned lunch, which was almost another mile. I was giving them their "2 minute warning" that we'd have to head home soon since we still had a long trip ahead of us and Carter said, "Mommy, it's not a long trip. We just go down the hill and turn right at the broken ankle store." He's referring to Cary Orthopedics, where Jamey had to go a few years ago for his ankle but I thought it was a cute way to refer to it!
I had to take the boys on a not so fun errand for them the other day so I told them if they were good for my errand, we could go get a treat at a snow cone place near our house we'd never been to called Pelicans. They were both quite excited about their little treat, although Cooper had a bit of a fit when I mentioned snow cones instead of slushies so he informed me, "Mommy, no me want know (snow) cone at Peyican, me want sushee at yita's (Rita's)!" I reassured him that snow cones would be a hit and indeed they were! On our way there, Cooper thought he saw our destination and started saying "Peyican" was right there and pointing out his window. Big brother quickly chimed in and said, "Cooper, that isn't Pelican's. Those are just nurses homes where old people live."
I know there are more Carter stories that I'm forgetting but hopefully I'll think of them soon enough. If not I have a feeling they'll be plenty more funny things said in our "never a dull moment" household!

No comments:
Post a Comment