Monday, August 10, 2009

Toes in The Water, "Pass" in The Sand

I guess Carter takes after me and has become a big fan of the Zac Brown Band, particularly their song Toes. On our way to the beach I asked him if he could hardly wait to have his toes in the water like the song says and he said, "Yeah, and my pass in the sand!" I never really sing that line and just let him think it says whatever but our big joke all week was how we loved having our passes in the sand:) He also told me a few days ago that he sure hates "swasses" (wasps) because they can sting you and hurt you so bad! I wish I could remember more of his funny little sayings but that's it for now!

This past week we went to White Lake to visit my friend Mandy and her 3 kids and had an awesome time! Mandy was one of my best friends growing up and we've known each other since 5th grade! I don't know how a mother of 5 children could possibly be sane after the few times I took care of 5 while we were there! Her kids are 2,3, and 4 so 5 kids 4 and under seemed pretty challenging to me! Carter is really liking playing with other kids more and more so it was fun to see him play with them so much. Cooper was a sweetheart, too, and is slowly getting out of his "cling to Mommy" phase. It makes me so happy for him to not be so dependent on me but sad, too, to realize that he's getting big so quickly! It makes me cry just thinking that my big boy is about to be 4 and my baby is almost 2! Where does the time go?!

I didn't get very many good pictures while we were there but here are a few!


This is Carter and Cooper "hiding" - hide and seek is their new favorite game. The only problem is when you say ready or not here I come, Cooper claps and says "boo" or "yeah" and Carter just comes out of his hiding spot really excited!
Sweet, solemn Carter - he can sure be precious when he wants to be!
How cute is she?!

Carter and Lexie are only a few weeks apart so they played really well together!
Rub and dub, dub...
...5 kids in a gigantic tub!

Cassie thinks it feels good to be clean!
Cooper LOVED Lexie and she was so good and patient with him, too!
Hope to see you next year White Lake...thanks Mandy, we had a blast:)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thank you for your sweet comment Helen! We are doing well....miss you guys too! I'm enjoying my new job; the unit is a bit more low key than Duke which is right up my alley:)
I love reading your blog....your boys are SO handsome and it's always neat to see what Cooper is up to since he and Isaac are close in age. Hope you guys are doing well!