I must say I've had one lonesome little boy the past 2 days! Carter is in Greenwood with my parents for the week and I don't think Cooper knows what to do with himself when his big bro isn't around. We met my mom in Charlotte for "the drop-off" and ever since then all Cooper can talk about is "A-ee" as he calls Carter! On the car ride home, he took a great nap but as soon as he woke up, I could see him craning his neck as far to the left as he could to check out the empty spot where Carter's carseat normally sits. He had such a sweet, perplexed look on his face as he pointed and said "A-ee", like where in the world is he, Mommy?! It's the first thing out of his mouth when he wakes up from naps or in the morning and he'll run to Carter's room like he's looking for him.
Other than his persistent curiosity about Carter's whereabouts, he seems to be really digging life as an only child! He plays with what he wants when he wants, he gets to call the shots as to what we do, he has the whole bathtub to himself...life is pretty good! He misses him I'm sure but I think having our undivided attention has made him much happier with the current setup. Jamey and I have both said how easy it is to just have one to worry about - I don't remember feeling the same way when all we had was one child but it's funny how your perception changes after 2! I'm sure it would be the same way if we had 3 and had a week with only 2 of them, but the thought of that makes me a little sick to my stomach! I think our plate is perfectly full with what we have for now!
The saying "distance makes the heart grow fonder" has definitely been verified in our house. I miss Carter so much I don't know what to do with myself! Just thinking of his sweet little smile, his funny morning hair, the way he looks at me when he's just waking up, how I can tell by his face if he's done something he shouldn't have, how he starts any sort of sentence that is explaining why he was bad with, "Well Mommy, you know...", etc. I could go on and on but I love my almost 4 year old so much it hurts and I can't wait to see him on Friday. He is one of a kind for sure:)

No comments:
Post a Comment