Just for my own sake I like to keep track of what Cooper is doing on here so here we go! Physically, he runs almost as fast as Carter, loves to climb things, and would live on a slide if he could have his way. He doesn't sit still for long and will only swing for a minute or so before he's on to the next thing. They say handedness isn't decided yet but if he's throwing a ball, he definitely prefers to use his left hand but he uses both to feed himself. I guess time will tell if he'll be odd like me and use both for different things. He climbs the stairs on his own easily but usually has a sippy cup tucked under his arm like a football, which scares me to death but he does just fine! He likes to think he can come down the stairs like a big boy by holding the banister and walking forward but we just hold his other hand and let him try. Carter has taught him to come down on his tummy and he does this fine but thinks it's a game so the second he gets to the bottom he's racing up them to do it all over again!
He loves to play with balls, books, and cars or trains these days. The train table is probably his absolute favorite and it is much more fun now that I glued the tracks together so he can't knock them down all the time! He loves anything Thomas, from sippy cups to books and movies. He'll go to the bookshelf and look for a few minutes throught the ridiculous amount that we have to find exactly which Thomas book he wants at the moment then bring it to you and back into your lap so you'll read it to him.
His preferred mode of communication is still grunting and pointing but he is definitely making more and more new sounds each day! He says mama, daddy, baby, bye, and hi very clearly but says other things that are supposed to be words like aah-eee for Carter, Ottie for his otter, no for nose, shees for cheese, hayee for our dog Hallie, and I can't think of anymore at the moment! He loves to wave hi and bye and blow kisses and give hugs. He pumps his fist and claps his hands at the appropriate parts of "the tarheel song" and puts his index finger over his mouth and says "shh". Peekaboo is a definite favorite game.
He's a great sleeper and still takes 2 naps a day, typically from 10 to 12 and then again from 3 to 5. Bedtime is usually between 8:15 and 9pm and he's up and ready to go again between 7:45 and 8am. I have to say bedtime is one of the things I most look forward to with Cooper, not because I'm ready for him to go but because he's just so sweet! When we ask him if he's ready for bed or wants to go upstairs, he typically takes off to the steps and can't get there fast enough. He'll run right into his room and reach through the crib slats and grap a paci and then go stand by the rocker waiting on me to get there. I say his prayers and sing him a few songs in his rocker and it doesn't matter how wild he was moments before, he just relaxes and keeps his precious little head on my chest the whole time. I love that he's still cuddly and likes to be held like that and some nights I'll just sit there and rock him for a few more minutes for my own sake! I know this won't last forever and I want to enjoy it while I can:) We are so blessed to have such happy and healthy little fellas!
Aunt Ashley came to visit Sunday night so here a few pics of her and the boys!

1 comment:
That is great...I love the haircuts.
You are obviously smarter than me, but is handedness really a word?
Love,
Brian
Post a Comment