We're going on our 4th day without Carter and Cooper seems to be adjusting quite well! He's no longer walking around looking for him and seems to really be liking all the undivided attention from us! It's been fun to be able to focus everything on him for a change, but I've really been at a loss for what to do with a 1 year old by himself! When Carter is around, Cooper just comes along for the ride so to speak, whether we're going to the park, or the store, etc., but when it's just him I don't really have as many ideas. Monday we ran some errands and then stayed home most of the day and yesterday I'm embarressed to say I didn't change out of my pajamas until after lunch and neither did Cooper. I did have to work tonight so I tried to conserve my energy and I took a nap when Coop did this morning. He's about the world's messiest eater, too, so it was nice to have him in his pj's for lunch so that I could put him in clean clothes after he made his mess with lunch. Most meals start out with a bib and little bits of food on his high chair, but by the end of it, he's pulled his bib off and used both hands to scatter his food in every direction possible. He's really done when he takes his sippy cup and drops it on the floor more deliberately than I could ever imagine a 1 year old and then saying, "bye, bye!" in about the cutest voice possible. After lunch we went to the park for a little while to enjoy the nice day - it was sunny and low 70s so perfect park weather. We had only been there a few minutes when I felt a bee buzzing around me and I kept swatting it away, but the bee unfortunately won and stung me right on my neck! I had to get some random woman to come look at it and she took the stinger out for me - thank goodness for nice strangers! I think I'm a baby but it's still hurting right now, even with topical Benadryl and Burt's Bee's bite stick. I smell medicinal and granola but still feel itchy!
Work is going by fairly fast tonight and I just have one sweet little fella to take care of that I really love so that's good. The bad news is that if I only have him, that means he's sick enough to need a nurse all to himself, but hopefully he's on the mend.
I think the plan is for mom to bring Carter home on Thursday and spend the night with us that night. I'm so excited to see them both and I know Carter has had an absolute ball in Greenwood! I wish my mom could stay with us longer but I know she needs to get back home before Daddy leaves for Spain. My parents are so great and Carter and Cooper are lucky boys to have them in their lives. I feel sorry for Carter to have to come back to boring Cary, but I still can't wait! He'll be excited that Uncle Brian will be here Friday night and they can all have a boys night while I work:( At least I'm off to watch the Notre Dame game Saturday so I shouldn't complain.

No comments:
Post a Comment