Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Lucky #7


 I may be little but I'm big inside.
Limited height with gargantuan pride.
Trustworthy, honest, I've never lied.
Dependable as the morning tide.

Who are they with their shameless gall?
Condemning my size, my like of tall?
Insensitive people rejecting the small.
Short people ain't got nobody at all.

Mount Saint Helens exploded exciting the West.
Mammoth Columbia survived the test.
Powerful Niagara continues to crest.
Is taller and bigger and swifter best?

The tiny atom must not be ignored.
The pin is mightier than the sword.
Minuteness is not to be abhorred.
Little folks, too, are the work of the Lord.

I shall live on.
My tears have dried.
My heart and my soul are massive and wide.
I'm secure at peace, I can't be denied...

I may be little but I'm big inside!

One of my gym teachers gave me this poem in junior high school and I still remember every single word of it.  I was always the smallest in my class but it normally didn't slow me down.  I've always been very competitive and did my best to not let my size be a factor.  I can't help but think of this poem when I see Cooper.
He's just like me in a lot of ways...he's the smallest boy in his class and is usually only taller than one or two girls but he's by far and away the fastest:).  He is deceiving in his appearance in that he doesn't look like he would be able to pack the punch that he does.  Cooper is a happy, loving, shy, silly, smart, and picky little boy.  I think his eating habits are getting worse each day as he keeps becoming pickier and pickier, which doesn't even seem possible!  He is very shy initially when meeting people but then warms up and is quite social and usually the life of the party.  He likes school and does well but is scared to death of doing something wrong!  That one hits close to home for me as well:).  He loves sports and is a natural at everything he's done so far.  I'd say his favorites of the moment are soccer, tennis, and baseball.  He is probably the most loving of all of his brothers and still loves hugs and kisses, being carried up to bed (don't tell him I told you so!), and snuggling with me or Jamey.  He's patient with his brothers and friends and makes us laugh and smile each and every day!

Coop's birthday was on a Friday so we took him lunch and cupcakes to school and then celebrated that night by going the Mexican, his favorite choice!  The next day he had a soccer game and then his party at the bowling alley with lots of friends and family.  Everyone had a great time and he was showered with more toys and Lego's than we know what to do with!  Happy Birthday to my one and only Cooper!
 











































No comments: