Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Key West

To celebrate our anniversary a little early, Jamey and I went to Key West with another couple for a few days!  We were crazy enough to drive instead of flying but made the most of it and definitely have a few stories to tell based on our adventures!  We left on a Wednesday night, a tad later than we would've hoped due to some forgotten luggage but drove through the night except for stops for gas and dinner.  We made it to Miami around 7 and were welcomed to the ghetto with lots of traffic and shady spots to stop.  We made it to the Keys finally and had breakfast in Key Largo and then went to a cool beach because we knew we couldn't check in yet.  I just knew I'd get in a good beach nap but that didn't happen...I guess I was just too excited to sleep!  We checked in to the cutest little house in Key West called Helen's Hideaway.  I thought the name was especially fitting:).

We spent our days lounging, people watching, drinking and eating and had a blast doing each one of those things!  The attitude and environment there is so chill and low key that it's hard to not feel that way as well when you're there.  We did all the touristy things like visiting the Southernmost point and heading to Mallory Square for a sunset but also had a lot of fun bar hopping and checking out all the crazy people.  I hope Crystal and Michael would say the same but we would go back in a second if we had the chance and we loved hanging out with such a fun couple!


Bahia Honda Beach








 Mallory Square








 Prom pose at Schooner Wharf Bar



 Capt. Tony's, still without any sleep

 Southernmost Point



 Chickens are roosters roam freely and are everywhere!

 Our cool little pool where I insisted on racing everyone:)

 Fogarty's, best place for a burger according to Michael

 Forgot to mention it was bike week, which enhanced the scenery immensely

 Last night at Schooner Wharf

 Who doesn't love a Fireball shot?






No comments: