It's unfathomable to think that nine years ago I became a mother for the very first time. It feels as though we were coming home from the hospital, so in love and so in awe of this precious little being we had created, just the other day. The memories of the beginning with Carter are very vivid and I hope they always will be. There is absolutely nothing in the world sweeter to me than those first few weeks as a new family, figuring each other out, but ultimately falling in love in a way I never knew was possible. It's like God just deposits your heart and soul right into that tiny baby and you would do anything and everything in your power to keep that little miracle safe and well. To watch your spouse take such tender and loving care of you and your new baby makes you fall in love with him in a totally different way as well.
What can I say...nine years have passed since those memory-filled first few weeks but more and more memories have filled that awesome space. Carter is honestly the epitome of the perfect child. He is handsome, bright, funny, focused, athletic, competitive, caring, patient, but probably most of all kind. He puts up with so much from his brothers and usually takes it all in stride, whether Hudson went into their room and destroyed every single Lego set or if Cooper is being a baby and won't play what Carter wants at the moment. My heart seriously overflows with pride when I think about the boy Carter has become and I am so proud to call him mine. Yes, just as any child does, he challenges us, annoys us, pushes our buttons, etc., but overall he is one hell of a little boy that we have the privilege or raising, loving, watching, and learning from. Thanks for being you my buddy, I love you more than you know!
birthday donuts!
soccer goals are so fun to assemble!
our favorite lifeguard!
Best buddies
Trouble!
LC's first taste of cupcakes!
Hudson was the motor behind Lucy Clay's boat:)
UNC, Go Heels Go! Just kidding, but he does look like a cheerleader here!

No comments:
Post a Comment