Friday, August 30, 2013

EIGHT?!?!

What could be better than celebrating your 8th birthday in Disney World?!  Too bad that wasn't actually the case but Carter had what we called a birthday week!  Before we headed home we treated Carter to breakfast at our resort, which was Mickey-shaped pancakes!  The boys were troopers and did well on our 9 hour car ride home.  We came home to birthday balloons from Ashley and sweet gifts from Ashley and Andrew, Brian and Sarah, and Nunu and Pop.  We had Carter's favorite dinner, spaghetti, followed by cake and cupcakes and then opened presents.  He was thoroughly spoiled and loves all his new stuff so much!













Cooper was so upset because we yelled at him for blowing out all of Carter's candles so we had a redo;)!













I just love this boy.



Love this sequence of pictures, too!  My parents thought we needed a night to recover after our big week so they weren't there to see Carter open his presents so I was hoping to at least capture his excitement opening his gift from them!





Just a tad excited!

We capped off the birthday night with sparklers and fireworks for the birthday boy.



Safety first of course!

 I think we have a mini pyro on our hands, look at that face!

Carter Bass, how in the world are you 8?  You have grown up into a big boy right before my very eyes but I still feel like we brought you home from the hospital as a tiny baby just the other day.  It has been such a joy to watch you grow and learn and turn into such an amazing boy.  You are wise beyond your years, the kindest boy I've ever met, handsome like your daddy, and just an all around happy and good child.  You are always polite and use your manners, especially with adults and teachers, which makes us so proud.  You are the best big brother to Cooper and Hudson and they are so lucky to have you to teach them things.  We love you more than you will ever know and my heart swells with pride knowing that you are mine.  I'm a lucky mom to say the least!  Happy Birthday buddy!

No comments: