Carter and Cooper started baseball this fall and we are so excited because they can actually play on the same team! Coop hasn't been old enough for Town of Cary t-ball and Carter would have aged up in soccer so we decided it was in our best interest to let them have one more season of playing a sport together. It's been so cute and fun for them so far. Cooper is really shy about things initially so I think it really helps him feel more comfortable having Carter around and thankfully Carter is happy to be there for him! Cooper also tends to be a little helpless so it's great to have Carter help him find his stuff in the dugout!
This is right before their first game. Cooper carried his bag for all of about 15 seconds before it was way too heavy of course! Their team name is the Iron Pigs.
This is Cooper on his first at bat. The coach pitches 3 balls and then they bring out the tee if you don't have luck with the coach pitch. Coop was the last batter of the inning and of course the first one to knock the crap out of the first ball pitched to him:). To say he was cute doesn't do that moment justice!
After hitting it, he wasn't quite sure what to do with his bat so his coaches and everyone else were yelling like crazy for him to drop it and run. He did and got about halfway down the first baseline and held out his hands as he slowed down and said, "I don't even know what to do. I've never done this before!" After a little more encouragement he made it to first base and was just about the cutest little number 9 I've ever seen!
I love this one. It's so Cooper, with his shoulders down and shy while everyone around him is saying how great he did.
I think I like this baseball stuff after all!
Carter's turn at bat. He hasn't quite figured out the whole coach pitch part yet during the games but we know he will! Carter thinks so hard about doing everything exactly right that I think if he'd just swing like he does at home he'd have better luck. We'll see!
Coop was pitcher one inning and the coach kept joking with him that his cleats must have been bolted into the mound because he wasn't moving after any balls! Once he realized he could roam a little more, he actually got to a few balls and made good throws to Carter at first base to get some outs.
Carter fielding a ball at shortstop, his favorite position! He does great in the field and loves getting people out.
Cooper's new stance on first base!
Happy after their second game. This has been so much fun so far and I hope they continue to love it for the rest of the season. Go Iron Pigs:)!

No comments:
Post a Comment