Carter and Cooper were dying to play in the sprinkler last weekend after soccer practice so I decided it was the perfect chance to break in the slip and slide this year! We only tried it once last year and Cooper was too scared and Carter got stung by a bee for the first time so we started with a bang I suppose! This time was much more fun for all involved parties thankfully - even the neighbors decided to come out and give it a try! They were freezing but didn't seem to mind too much and were all smiles for our messy afternoon of fun.
On a completely unrelated topic, Jamey gave me a peony for Mother's Day last year. I love them so much and was ecstatic to one of my very own! When I got the plant, it had already bloomed but was still pretty green foliage in a little pot. My mom has quite the green thumb so I wanted her advice on where to plant it so that it would thrive and with them moving here last June, I kept it in the pot until she was able to be here to help me find a spot. I guess we all became a little busier than we had planned and totally forgot about my sweet, new plant. We never planted it and I'm a little embarrassed to say that we left it on our back porch all year long! I'm never out there much but was thinking to myself at the kitchen sink just a few weeks ago that I really needed to throw away that tacky pot of sticks that was once a beautiful plant. My mom happened to be over that day and walked out to take a closer look at it, only to realize it had come back and had 4 blooms on it. I was so excited and could hardly wait for it to bloom! They were beyond pretty and made our entire kitchen smell so good. Jamey, this year I promise it will find a home in the ground very soon:)!

No comments:
Post a Comment