Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Fun

The boys and my parents couldn't get home soon enough last Friday! We missed them terribly and were thrilled to have everyone home for the holiday weekend. Sweet Sarah and Brian sent the boys some Easter goodies and they loved it all, especially the funny card as you can see!

One definite benefit of three boys is hand-me-downs! Here's Hudson styling in a little Easter outfit Jamey's mom bought for Carter when he was a baby, bunny shoes and all:).

Cooper and Pop on a Saturday bike ride. We saw a bunny hopping through a yard and the boys got so excited because they said it must be the real Easter bunny and he was out hiding some eggs!
We had an egg hunt Saturday afternoon and they loved finding their goodies and trading candy. I made them take pictures before hunting hence the uncooperative, fake smiles!
They were all business about finding eggs!


Now the fun part - let's see what we got and make sure we got the right amount!

Hard to believe this little guy will be running around the yard getting his own eggs next year - sigh.
Easter morning before church family photo. Getting everyone ready and out the door for early church is a definite challenge, but even more so when the Easter bunny has been by the house! I tried to talk the boys into leaving him a note and telling him to come to our house while we were at church but they weren't buying that deal. Their baskets were stuffed to the brim and I was all ready to capture the moment of them coming down to see what they'd gotten when Coop came flying downstairs without a stitch of clothes on! I refrained from snapping pics of his little heiny for your sake:) but they got lots of fun stuff...bubbles, chalk, candy, activity books, bats, balls, and a scooter for Carter.

I had an Easter outfit that I'd ordered for Hudson that I just couldn't wait for him to wear. Apparently he had other plans because about 10 minutes before we had to leave for church, Carter noticed Hud's outfit was less than presentable after his diaper didn't do the job containing the mess!
They're still cute but would be so much cuter if they'd just stand up and smile nicely!


Cooper was done with pictures and Hudson was sleeping but we had to at least try to get one of my parents and the boys before they headed back home!
Saying goodbye is so hard to do!

Hudson is trying so hard to crawl and definitely gets where he needs to by scooting, but I wouldn't call it crawling just yet!
My happy 6 month old.
Check out what the Easter bunny left for me!
I know he looks sad but I could just eat him up in this picture!
Who cares if Easter has passed?! He still had to wear his outfit at least for a picture!

3 comments:

Maggie, Erik, Helen and Kate said...

Helen- I just look at Cooper and crack up! I am sure you have your hands full there.

THE FOUR OF US! said...

LOVE the picture of you and Hudson!

Helen said...

Thanks Court! I like that picture too:). Maggie, you definitely hit the nail on the head with Cooper! Jamey and I just look at each other and shake our heads at some of the stuff he says and does! I think we have a little Neil on our hands - Lord help us!