I worked my last shift Wednesday night, got home around 8:15am and hopped into bed for a quick nap before picking the boys up at school. We came home for a quick lunch and I begged and pleaded with Jamey to please let us go just for the afternoon! He gave in and off we went to the crowded, over-priced spectacle we call the fair.
We didn't tell the boys we were going until right when we were getting in the car but their excitement was priceless and worth every bit of money we spent or smelly things we encountered. We started at the pony rides and moved on to Kiddieland where they rode a roller coaster and Carter did the swings. Jamey unfortunately had to leave us just after the roller coaster and poor Coop was heartbroken that he couldn't do the swings because he was too little. I tried to talk the operator into letting me ride with him but he wasn't about to let a pregnant lady on! We chose the rest of our rides carefully so that they did things Cooper was tall enough to do without an adult to avoid future breakdowns! They had so much fun and finished off the afternoon with a candy apple, cotton candy, and gatorade. I'm so glad we went and had our last little outing as a family of four!

No comments:
Post a Comment