Saturday, October 9, 2010

Well Checks and Koala-Chu's

Carter came home from school the other day very eager to tell me about his busy day!

C - Mommy, I had a busy, busy day today. I got to be the door holder, which meant I had to hold every single door for every person in my class all day long. Oh but Mommy, my friend Corinne got in trouble and had to go to time out because she spitted in my face.

Me - Oh goodness, that wasn't very nice. What did your teachers tell Corinne?

C - Mrs. Rana told her that she had to sit in time out with her back to the class and then tell me she was sorry because spitting wasn't nice. Oh, but Mommy, Mrs. Rana got to bring her little dog to our class today! It was called a koala-chu!

I'm guessing he meant chihuahua since I emailed his teacher for a little clarification...she definitely got a kick out the new breed invented by Carter though!

Cooper had his 3 year well check up last week and everything went fine. He's doing all the things a 3 year old should, talking, gaining weight, etc. He was 30lbs on the dot and 36 1/2 inches tall. As he was sitting on the exam table in nothing but his cute little boxer briefs, he started poking out his bottom lip and pouting all of a sudden. When I asked him what was wrong he said in his pouty little sad voice, "Mommy, me wish me had a baby in my tummy so, so much for my check-up!" He's been with me to my past two appointments so I guess he thinks everyone who needs a check up needs to have a baby too!

On an addendum to this post, I somehow forgot to mention how awesome Cooper has done giving up his paci. He's only had his green soothie (newborn) pacifiers in his bed for naps and bedtime but it has definitely done a number on his front teeth! I had planned for 3 to be the big take away time so just before his pediatrician's appt. I talked to him about how big 3 year olds don't really need paci's anymore and that they're for babies. He seemed ok with the idea so I took them away at nap time that same day and he hasn't missed a beat since. I'm so relieved to have that hurdle behind us and so proud of my big boy!

No comments: