Friday, June 11, 2010

Nightly Routine

Every night for the past couple weeks, we've spent our time outside catching lightning bugs for Carter and Cooper's bug cages. They love it so much and we've had so much fun watching them enjoy themselves and helping out with the catching a little here and there too! Cooper is more of a spotter and will yell to Carter when he sees one so he can come catch it for him. We've been letting them take their cages to their rooms at bedtime so they'll have a natural nightlight for a change and that's been a big hit! One thing I've learned about lightning bugs is that they're great at playing possum and Coop has learned this too. The other morning I went to get him up and asked him if they lit up for him during the night and he told me, "No Mommy, lightning bugs nap time!" It was pretty cute and fortunately for the bugs they regain their spunk when we free them from their temporary confinement!

On the prowl with their friend Keelin

This one was just a little too high...


Sad we had to call it a night and bring our bugs in

Our neighborhood pool finally opened today during daytime hours so we took advantage this morning. I wasn't able to get too many pictures since I was also trying to keep them above water solo but the ones of Coop are cute. He's getting braver every time we go and has gone from clingy and scared to independently swimming out where he can't touch and coming back on his own, with his wings of course! He's so proud of himself and will look at me and say, "Mommy, me fish!" I don't think I'll be able to get a single picture of Carter without his goggles on this year unless there is a major bribe involved. He's definitely getting more confident and independent as well - I think the slide and diving board will be popular spots for us all too soon!





1 comment:

Sarah said...

So cute! I love Cooper's haircut. We may have to carry on your lighting bug tradition while we're at the beach!