Friday, June 4, 2010

All Aboard

The boys and I made a last minute trip to the mountains this week to visit my brother and his wife and to see what all the mountains had to offer. We stayed busy from the minute we got there until we left yesterday but had so much fun doing as much as we could in such a short time!


Some of their good friends own a landscaping company so their office was our first stop so the boys could have some up close action with big diggers and huge trucks. Carter was much more into it than Cooper as usual and quickly found the horn on every truck there! Coop isn't really a fan of loud noises so the air horn Carter blew over and over was probably Coop's least favorite part! He kept telling me, "Mommy, that horn hurt mine ears" as he covered them up.

Our next stop was the lake at Grandfather to check out the trampoline and swim a little. The water was cold to say the least but the boys, all three of them, didn't seem to mind! Brian was a trooper and swam with them so Sarah and I could stay warm on the beach. I thought Cooper would be much more hesitant than he was but he went right to Brian and loved every second of it as you can see!

I love how Carter is holding on to Cooper's leg in this one!
Carter's swimming lessons have really paid off thus far. He's doing great swimming with his arms as well as his legs so he gets where he's going much quicker these days. I'm sure the life jacket helped but he wasn't intimidated at all.


Carter loved jumping off the side into the water. Cooper wasn't ever that brave, maybe next year!




Cooper wanted to come back to the beach but then stood their pouting because he wanted to go back out with the big boys!
Sweet Brian quickly came to his rescue.


I wish this was clearer because it would be so sweet! My camera just doesn't zoom quite as far as it needed to unfortunately.
Brian showing off his back flip for the boys.
Yes, Cooper will be 3 in September and still sleeps in a crib. He's perfectly happy in it and as long as he's happy so are we! Containment is a luxury to me that I know is about to end but I'll enjoy it while I can for just a little longer. Having said that, he slept in a big boy bed (air mattress on the floor) at Brian and Sarah's and was quite proud of himself for doing so. I told him to call for me on the monitor instead of getting out of bed so as soon as I thought I heard Mommy, I ran right up to greet him. I guess I was listening a little too hard because he was sound asleep so I ran down to get the camera before waking sleeping beauty. I think the paci will hopefully go when he transitions to his big boy bed soon. His front teeth are definitely begging me to get rid of it by the looks of them anyway!

Our last stop before heading home was Tweetsie Railroad. They loved it all and I think we made a good choice in going the day before Thomas rolled into town! The train stops for a little cowboy and bandit skit that Carter seemed to like. This picture is when indians jumped on the train and were running through our train car so he was a little taken aback! Coop sat like a stone in my lap the whole time but kept telling me after the skit that it was a "nice train!"

Carter and Sarah took a drive in the Tweetsie cars. Carter must've been too fast for a picture from the front!
Cooper loved these cars and was determined to steer instead of me, even if that meant bumping the rails a few times!


Carter was dying to ride the "fair wheel" as he calls it so he and Brian rode together and Cooper wants to do whatever Carter does so we hopped on too. It went much faster than I thought it would and I definitely felt my stomach drop each time around but Cooper didn't seem to mind it thankfully! I'm sure the poor little guy in my stomach had something to say about the ride!

It was fun to see the boys ride things together because last year Cooper wouldn't get near any rides that I couldn't do with him. They loved the airplane and helicopter as you can see.









Coop wasn't sure what to think of the dark tunnel the mouse train took us on!

This poor little boy cried his eyes out on the boats while his whole family stood on the outside and watched, talking the whole time about how mad he was. Take him off the d*&$ ride if he's that miserable!


When I asked Carter his favorite part of our whole trip, he said it was when he lost his flip flop on the chair lift and it rode up the lift sitting on a seat by itself! He got quite the kick out of standing there with one shoe on watching his other one ride up to greet him!

As hard as it is to get two boys to look at the camera at the same time and smile, I can't imagine what it will be like to add another to the mix! I'm really just starting to show now at 18 1/2 weeks but still feel like I look like I ate too much instead of being pregnant! I'm ready for a cute pregnant belly and to be able to wear maternity clothes because I'm at the in between point when most of my regular clothes are uncomfortable but maternity things look ridiculous.

We had so much fun on our trip and can't wait to do it again next year! Thanks Brian and Sarah for an awesome time!

No comments: