Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Father's Day Fun
For more selfish reasons than Jamey's actual desire to spend a day at the beach, we decided to make a day trip to Wrightsville on Saturday to see what the boys thought of the sun and sand this year. After worrying with how they would do and logistically how it would work out, it really couldn't have gone any better. They had so much fun playing, both took naps on the beach, woke up happy, and to top it all off we stopped at Dockside on our way out of town for dinner, which happens to be one of our favorite places to eat! It was an awesome day together as a family, which is something we unfortunately don't get the opportunity to do very often so it was a much needed little break for all of us!
Waiting patiently on Daddy to dig a big hole.

My little tan man...I put the same sunscreen on both of them but their coloring is as different as night and day:)



Cooper was scared to stand at the edge of the water and kept saying the waves would get him if we tried to put him down but he kept asking us to take him to the "deep end", meaning out into the water past the waves!


The many faces of Carter after a nap when you ask him to smile for the camera.



I didn't get a picture of them sleeping together but they were side by side under an umbrella and out like lights once we had them settled. When Cooper woke up, he sat up and looked around for us and asked Jamey, "Daddy, me sleep?" His face was priceless as you could tell he was a little confused but felt pretty sure he'd taken a nap and wanted to make sure it was ok to get up!





Carter is quite into Star Wars these days and has decided princesses aren't so bad after all if her name is Princess Leia.
We still have our bug-catching routine every night we can so I'm thankful the daylight will be getting shorter as our bedtimes have been getting later!
I had good intentions of taking a picture once a week or so of my profile to see the baby bump grow from week to week but thus far we've failed miserably! I'm 21 weeks and feeling good and hope that continues! If I didn't feel the baby move or see my ever expanding waistline I probably wouldn't know I was pregnant so I consider myself pretty lucky at this point. I've just in the past 2 weeks started to really be able to feel movement from the outside of my stomach and Carter is so anxious to get his turn to feel him kick! I didn't realize how cute Carter would be about this pregnancy but he loves to look at my belly and tell me how big it is and has a million questions about the baby. I was taking off my scrubs from work this morning and had indentations in my stomach from where they had been tied. As soon as he saw it he asked me if the baby had toenails because it looked like he'd been scratching my tummy! As happy as I am to be 21 weeks, it's definitely a little bittersweet because it's already going at lightning speed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment