I've decided instead of spilling the beans this early, I'll type this post and then publish it once everyone is in the know! Baby Bass #3 is on the way and scheduled to make an appearance around November 1st. I'm 1 day shy of 7 weeks at present and so ready for 13 weeks to roll around! I'm a bit pessimistic when it comes to myself so I'll breathe a little easier to be past the first trimester and the risk of miscarriage.
So far (in all 3 weeks anyway!) this pregnancy has been quite different than my 2 previous ones. Nausea was never really an issue for me before but this time it's probably my most noticeable symptom. I also have the nose of a bloodhound which gets me into lots of trouble because so many smells make me nauseous! I've given Woody 2 baths in the past 3 weeks just because I could no longer stomach his smell! I'm much more finicky about what I eat and something will sound so good one second and then I can't bear to look at it the next! I know it has to be frustrating for Jamey to deal with me like this but he's been so sweet and happy to take over dinner when the site of veal is just too much for me to handle! I'm definitely more tired, especially when 4-5am rolls around at work but I've managed to make it through and I'm really hoping that it's a short-term thing because not working nights isn't really an option right now. To say my temper is short is the understatement of the year so kudos to Jamey for once again putting up with me! I've been making a conscious effort to be nice and patient with everyone, especially Jamey and the boys but I know I've already failed at this a few times!
I've already had my first OB appt. so I was able to see the tiny peanut of a baby and the heart beating which calmed my nerves immensely. There is nothing in the world like seeing your baby's heart beating inside of you! Jamey and I are so excited to be on our way to being a family of 5 and I just can't wait to be able to share our happy news with everyone! So far I've only told my mom and dad, a few friends, and people at work that I've had no choice but to tell to keep me away from x-rays! I really hope to savor and enjoy this last pregnancy as much as possible and as much as I complained about symptoms, I'm thrilled to have them because they reassure me that I'm still pregnant and everything is ok! As far as savoring, I'm also really hoping to enjoy the next 7 1/2 months being a family of 4 and give the boys lots of extra love while I can:) We are truly blessed.
Update! So I'm now 12 4/7 weeks and still looking forward to Monday when I'll officially be out of the 1st trimester! My symptoms of nausea and sleepiness are pretty much gone but I'm unfortunately about the most unpleasant person alive or so I feel like anyway. I really am trying to be nice and happy but I have zero patience these days and the little tiny bit I do have I'm trying to use for the kids so poor, poor Jamey! I'm so excited to finally be telling everyone and not have a huge secret anymore! Here's to a smooth next 27 weeks and a happy, healthy baby in our future. We can't wait and neither can the excited big brothers! Here are a few out takes from our big brother photo shoot this afternoon.

5 comments:
I can't believe Coop's going to be a big brother (and Carter, again!)!! YAAY! I'm so excited and I hope that the next few months are good ones :) I am so happy for you and I can't wait to meet baby #3!
I forgot to mention that those are the cutest shirts ever! :) Congrats ya'll!
Aww, Helen! Congratulations:) What great news!! Praying everything goes smoothly for you!
Congratulations!! Carter and Cooper are going to have so much fun being big brothers. Who knows, you may have a little Halloween pumpkin too :)
Yayyyyy the news is out! Now I can say it so the world can hear...Congrats!!"
Post a Comment