The snow was initially great as it always is. We sledded and sledded until we were all sore and bruised. The pretty white snow gradually turned into gray slush and ice so we started spending more and more time inside. Our nice, new car was stuck in the garage with a substantial sheet of ice behind it so I hadn't even had the chance to drive it yet! We hadn't left the house since Friday. These drastic times called for drastic measures. I'm all for being creative with my kids, but not so much at home. I'll do any craft project they want at Marbles, or school, or other "kid" places but doing them at home isn't as much fun to me because I have to clean it all up! I finally broke down and we painted until our brushes were ruined, played with playdoh, made homemade play dough, watch more movies than I ever dreamed possible, made a cake, and also had Nick, Jr. or Nickelodeon on 24/7. If it weren't for Max and Ruby and Dora and Diego, I don't think we'd have made it through! Definitely not my finest parenting hour but they loved being able to watch what they wanted and make fun stuff and I was able to keep my sanity! Maybe staying home and being crafty isn't so bad after all.
It helps to stick your tongue out when you're painting according to Cooper.


Carter thinks he has one crazy brother!


Under all this cuteness is an awful lot of bad!





This may not seem significant to anyone else but it is to me! Cooper finally decided to give cake a go and discovered it isn't so bad after all! He didn't like the icing as much as the cake but it's a start...and in this pic he's not only captivated by the cake, but also by whatever was on Nick, Jr. at the time.


No comments:
Post a Comment