Saturday, February 20, 2010

Carolina Basketball Museum

Today we took the boys to the Carolina Basketball Museum on campus. It was our first time there too, and I wish I would've known beforehand that my husband was in fact an elderly man in a young man's body who would make it his personal mission to read each and every tidbit of Carolina info and view every piece of video footage available! After our children had pretended to be the Tar Heels running out of the tunnel and performing the "jump around" dance for a number of unassuming fans, I realized I had to intervene. I sped him through the remainder of the exhibits left to see and we headed to lunch at Sutton's. I think we all enjoyed the museum but Jamey will probably need another trip to be able to soak it all in without someone speeding him along! I love some Carolina history but I'm also happy to see some giant jerseys, trophies, and gargantuan shoes!

On another subject, I gave up fried foods for Lent, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal as we aren't really the "fried" type if you know what I mean! I appreciate my dear husband pointing out that chips and tortilla chips also count in the fried food category! I mainly eat baked chips but the thought of no Mexican food with tortilla chips has really put a kink in my plan! On a positive, Cooper and I are the perfect lunch/dinner pair because his only real loves are french fries and chips anyway! At Sutton's, he didn't take a bite of his grilled cheese but managed to eat two servings of fries and my chips so I think he's doing just fine!

After our trip, we came home to hopefully cheer the Heels to victory once again to no avail. We are a bit superstitious so I truly believed my Carolina sticker for the new car was going to do the trick! Carter has however, figured out the missing link, which is that he and Cooper haven't been wearing their jerseys lately. The jerseys, new sticker, and Tyler Zeller back are our 3 keys to victory, at least I hope:) 4-0 for the rest of the ACC here we come!

Not the best photo but wanted you to see all the jerseys!

C's got a little ways to go to catch up to these guys.

Bill Guthridge's rings
I love how excited he is to see this stuff!
Game ball from Dean's 877th win.


Carter posing by the case dedicated to Tyler Hansbrough - we spent a lot of time at this one!

This pretty much sums them up these days...Carter bossing and Coop not listening.
Coop manning the controls!
Posing with all the ACC tournament trophies
Carter's version of the Marcus Ginyard "Whew!" we all love to hear.


After having a little too much fun at Brian and Sarah's for New Year's, I slipped in the snow and knocked the camera so in order to get a good shot, you have to aim below your target! Ghetto I know but it works and will hopefully get back to normal soon. With that said, please ignore my crooked photo-taking skills!
Carter was supposed the be in this one but he hid from us so here you go!

No comments: