Wednesday, November 4, 2009

May The Force Be With You!

Much to our dismay our little Yoda was raring to go Halloween night! Our church had a membership event at Pullen Park where costumes were optional so Carter went in full Luke Skywalker attire but I took Coop's costume in the car and figured I'd dress him when we got there. When I tried to put in on him, I got a whole lot of head shaking and "nooo's" so I decided to let him skip out on dressing up then and pick that battle later for trick or treating! Once the time came, he didn't complain at all and was actually excited about it! He didn't want to change from shorts to brown pants so I improvised and pulled up his socks to his knees - I promise he wasn't wearing tights as it appears! Jamey and I fully expected to carry him from house to house and basically trick or treat for him but he walked (very, very slowly) to every house, said trick or treat and thank you, and even acquired a new word on our trip. As soon as he said thank you, he'd turn around and say, "next" and head to the next house. Once we were almost home I tried to help speed him along and realized why he was going so slow...his plastic pumpkin was heavy as lead and he'd been carry it the whole time! They had a blast and we are up to our elbows in candy but I'm sure we'll manage!

Just realizing I loaded these in the wrong order so this is the end of our night! Our last stop trick or treating was at Carter's good buddy Keelin's house so we stayed a little while and helped them hand out candy.

Cooper decided Keelin's dad was a good helper for trick or treating so Jamey and I got a little break!
Waiting and waiting on it to get dark enough to start trick or treating!
Keelin loves Coop and I think the feeling is mutual.
Carter was conflicted as to which princess was the prettiest - I lost count of how many times he asked me which one I thought looked prettiest!
Coop liked our Carolina pumpkin.

Check our those knee socks!

No comments: