Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Trip

Last week a few of my friends from work and I decided to take our kids to a pumpkin patch in Youngsville. I had forgotten how far it is but I think the kids loved it so our 45 minute car ride was well worth it!

I can't for the life of me get this picture to move to it's correct spot in the lineup so it will do just fine right here! This is Carter on the train, in the caboose I might add as he picked our spot!


There was a cute hay maze that the boys had fun running around together! I love how it looks like Cooper is trying to hold Carter back to get a head start...I think he's actually trying to hold his hand, my sweet little boy.


This is Cole and he and Cooper are only 2 days apart - he's such a cutie!
Carter didn't take too long to pick out his pumpkin. You ride a hayride to a field where they've dumped about a million pumpkins for you to choose from. The first time we went I thought there would be pumpkins growing in a field that we'd pick but this time I was well prepared for the forklift to carry huge cartons of picked pumpkins and dump them on the ground! We'll have to find a real pumpkin patch before October is over!


Cooper was a little clingy at first but really warmed up to the place of course after all my friends left! I didn't bring a stroller so I had fun carrying a 24lb. child, 3 small pumpkins, and a huge bag around:)
Check out the forklift in the background...so authentic!
All the kids together!
Heading back to the farm with our pumpkins!
Sarah with a load of boys in the train caboose!
The nice conductor took one of all of us, too. Don't our boys look thrilled!?
There's a huge slide that Carter and Cooper couldn't get enough of! If you're 4 and under you're supposed to ride with an adult but that wasn't really possible since it was just me! Carter was fine to ride by himself and Cooper was a little timid to even ride with me but after a few times together, he thought he was ready to go! We'd get to the top and wait in line and Coop would push me away so he could go alone! I was petrified to say the least but he loved every second of it and went back by himself over and over!



This is Cooper heading up the huge hill to the huge slide alone! He looks like the Charlie Brown character that always had his blanket dragging behind.
They also have goats and other farm animals you can feed through these pipes so they had fun giving it a shot!


Daddy was a little sad that he didn't get to come with us so hopefully we'll check out another one soon so he can come along and so I'll have some help! It was fun but we were all pretty beat after 3.5 hours at the farm:)

No comments: