Monday, October 12, 2009

My Dapper Dude

If you ever look at this blog you know that Carter is quite the dresser and loves to wear "work" clothes like Daddy everyday. If he had his way he would have khaki's, button up shirts, polo shirts, and topsiders on at all times! Dressing him in the morning has quickly become one of my least favorite things to do because he argues and argues with you (wonder where he gets that from!) until you let him pick what he wants just so he'll stop talking about it! He told me he'd probably just wear jeans next year because they don't look nice and that goes for just about everything he has in his drawers as well - he wants to wear the stuff hanging up in his closet because it looks nicer and it looks like what Daddy wears to work!

I wasn't sure how I was going to get through to him but bribery always seems to work well. We decided to let him have some special church clothes for Sundays in exchange for him wearing more of his casual clothes and he was thrilled with the idea! He'd come out of his room with jeans and a t-shirt on (Vineyard Vines t-shirt but it's a start!) and be so proud to show me that he was really trying to wear his normal stuff! I took him shopping last week for his "special" clothes and he was over the moon for his new navy blazer, tie, and sweater vest! He even has new shoes but they were squeaky on Sunday morning so he decided to go with old faithful (topsiders).

I think waiting for Sunday to come was like waiting for Santa at Christmas to him. He'd ask me every morning how many more days until Sunday! His day finally came and here is a picture to prove it - he wasn't feeling well after church so it isn't the best but you get the idea and I'm sure there will be plenty more photo opp's on Sundays in his new church uniform!


I definitely have two opposites - you tell them to smile for the camera and Carter listens while Cooper screams.
Not sure what these faces are all about!
This was last Sunday and Carter not only wore his church button but also his Tar Heel born one!
He's just a little bit proud, wouldn't you say!?

This is what Coop wore to church and please notice all the stains he managed to get on his shirt throughout the day! Carter didn't even need a bib when he was a baby he was so clean where Coop needs one at all times still!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for these! I love Cooper's L-Dog gear for church, and Carter looks so proud.

Love ya'll,
Brian