Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mister Independent(s)

My children have been something thus far this week to say the least! Cooper is definitely the drama king at the moment and lets you know quickly when something is bothering him! Whenever I try to feed him yogurt, applesauce, or anything you eat with a spoon, he wants the spoon the whole time to feed himself - usually I can give him one to hold onto and that pacifies him but not this time! He was so mad at me that I finally just gave in and let him try all by himself. 30 minutes later he was just finishing up but he really did amazingly well with such runny stuff! When he couldn't scoop more up with the spoon as it got closer to the bottom, he started holding it like a cup and trying to drink the applesauce out! Carter randomly wanted shrimp for dinner this same night; I wasn't quite sure how much to make because I thought they'd despise it but I ended up having to make 2 batches they liked it so much! Cooper enjoyed his ketchup as his 2nd course while he waited on round 2 of shrimp.



We've had quite a heat wave for the past week and I am loving it! Carter can't seem to buck the trend of sweaters, corduroys, oxford shirts, and sweater vests despite the need for shorts and t-shirts. Every morning he brings me what he wants to wear and lately it's been his Winter finest! It's taken a ton of persuading but he has fortunately given in and dressed more appropriate for the temperature, but not without a bargain! He wore "normal" clothes for me all day but after his nap he wanted to wear his original outfit of choice, including his frog scarf - it was 70 degrees outside!


Not the best picture but he was warm!


Not the best again but he definitely looks guilty of baby wipe consumption

Baby Einstein should be renamed Baby Crack


Baby Crack and ketchup, dinner of champions













1 comment:

Susan said...

I agree about Baby Einstein! Lily LOVED the DVDs as a baby and so does Landon. I've even caught Lily sitting beside Landon watching his movies with him. It's so cute. What is so wonderful about them!? Whatever it is...I would pay a lot of money for them! :)